xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Botched Benq Flash  (Read 84 times)

Xerino

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

Well, I recently flashed a buddys xbox 360 elite with a BenQ drive in it, and as it was flashing the power went out (damn storms) came back on after like 10 seconds, and I attempted to flash it again, only this time, the flash completed however it did not copy the correct drive key, so it wont load any games, it also did not backup the original, otherwise Id just restore the orig.bin and try again, so basically right now I have a xbox 360 with no drive key, is there another way I can get it, like maybe a stamp on the mainboard or drive inards?

I cant have this guy ship it back to MS, Its been opened, hence no warranty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

thepwnage

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »

If you have no orig.bin...you have a very expensive paper weight...

Ranger72

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

Why on earth did you not verify you had a good proper dump of the firmware before flashing the drive?

Sorry to say it but you are going to have to tell him to get a new console.

Be more careful next time and !!!!!!!!!!!VERIFY ALL FIRMWARE DUMPS BEFORE FLASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Ranger72: Apr 26 2008, 05:46 AM

Xerino

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »

yeah, didnt think so, oh well shit happens, got a friend sending me another board and drive to fix it, hopefully itll work

podger

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »

If you were using iPrep, the orig.bin isn't called orig.bin, it's called benq-pfw.bin and it's in the a:\backup\1234567\12345\ folder, you don't even need the whole bin file to recover the key it's generallyin the first...

check the usb/floppy for that file, you never know...

Birdmanrsx

• Archived User
Botched Benq Flash
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

^^^^Ya what he said, the key should be in the backup folder if you were using iprep, if its not uh a thats sucks but it should be there, i really doubht you need a whole new board and drive.  Or unless when you flashed it the second time you used the exact same folder combination as the first time( big no no!!) then yes you are screwed ;x  I hope he is sending you the whole mother board cause if its not , you still have a paper weight.