xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Benq Problem, Stack Overflow Error  (Read 132 times)

Plug

• Archived User
Benq Problem, Stack Overflow Error
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

Hi there, i asked though if the method of badflashing a samsung ms28 would be the same as a benQ drives.

they have the badflash method right thats identical to the badflash method on a sammy,

i still got the stack overflow error at the end of the sammy dump and at the end of the sammy write but i compaired the dumps in vista xbox 360 toolbox first and it did dump the keys correctly.

see the problem is i have a flaky VIA 6241A chipset that requires the badflash method so that it can be seen in dos

so there for benq drives have this same badflash method so i was asking if its the same method..

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Mar 29 2008, 10:22 AM) View Post

Well, I think we need to clarify things first.

I myself got my first stacks overflow error yesterday.

I havent changed my setup, the dump it gave was still valid

I removed my HDD's power and dumped again, compared the hex of both dumps.

They were byte for byte the same.

If you cant dump a BenQ drive, you inevitably will not be able to flash it.

What method were you using?  There is no harm in playing about with timing when reading the firmware, as long as you check its all valid prior to flashing.

I suggest you do no take any more orders on and suss this out by messing around a bit.

Again, be same, dont think of flashing until you know for sure, and maybe we confirm you have a valid dump.

You've done drives before so you obviously know the process read/create/write.

Well, read, check, create, write this time wink.gif

Plug

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Mar 31 2008, 12:31 AM) *

And I asked you the following Q's int this post.

well i tryed that method and got loads of stack errors and lockups in dos

so i was asking if the same way i flashed my sammy would work on the benQ drive.

it does have the same badflash recovery method right ?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »

Well it was nice of you to take the time out and reply to my post asking you questions, just as I have been doing for you.

It has a similar method of flashing by a 'bad flash method'

This is the process we use anyway - resending the info til the mtk vendor responds.

If you cant dump the firmware using it now, the chances are that you aint gonna flash it using the same method.

Plug

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Mar 31 2008, 12:17 PM) *

Well it was nice of you to take the time out and reply to my post asking you questions, just as I have been doing for you.

It has a similar method of flashing by a 'bad flash method'

This is the process we use anyway - resending the info til the mtk vendor responds.

If you cant dump the firmware using it now, the chances are that you aint gonna flash it using the same method.

Hi mate, you wouldnt mind telling me the badflash benq method you use.
would help me a lot,

see that was the only method that would work for me on my samsung drive becuse for some reason it was the only way for MTKflash to find my VIA 6241A Port...

cheers and thanks for your help so far, its been great.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

It isnt a bad flash recovery.

As you erase the firmware before writing it, a back flash on there shouldnt really affect it.

The method I use is the same as 99% of other 6421x users

dben 1234567 12345

fben 1234567 12345

Or those who do it manually

Dosflash r xxxx a0 1 4 orig.bin 0

Or similar (been a while)

ThomasQ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

Hi all!

I'm having the same problem, as soon as I turn on my BenQ drive in Dos, I get the S.O. error.. I'm using Iprep, and tried all suggestions made in this toppic; unhooking all other sata & IDE devices, turning on drive and then plug the sata in (no S.O. error, drive went from 79 status to 80 status), and tried to boot with the drive on (wouldn't work, system stalls)..

Thing is, I've been using this setup for a while now to flash drives, and I even flashed this drive before.. Only difference is my new PC DVD drive, a LiteOn..

It's getting Really frustrating now, after 6 hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

ThomasQ

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Ok, I just been able to flash!

I tried the trick with plugin in the sata cable, after the drive has been turned on.. It did gave me the S.O. error after dumping and after flashing, but everything worked fine! This time I waited for the drive to spin up the DVD I put in there.. I had all my other HDD and DVD drives plugged in.

As said before, I did flash the same BenQ drive on the same setup before. Here's a list of things that did change, maybe it'll help narrow down the problem:

I used to flash with my Dyagadget connector to the normal power from my 360..
I've installed a LiteOn DVD writer on my PC, and threw out my Optiarc..
Two weeks ago I removed my VIA SATA controller pci card for a while, after putting it in back in the same slot.. (the card works fine)

Good luck to all you flashers out there!

-1-
Pages: 1 [2]