xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Rom Help (plays Dvds But Not Games)  (Read 98 times)

XmodsUK

• Archived User
Dvd Rom Help (plays Dvds But Not Games)
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

Without the drive key from your original drive, then your stuck. Sorry

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

I'm sorry to say not at the moment, the shop must have swopped out your original dvd drive..

There is a complicated way to get the key but not without a working dvd drive, that will play games..

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »

As I said you need a working DVD  to get it..... do a search for team infectus, but it will be no good to you.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »

Sorry to say it but you will need to invest in a new 360.

Without a working DVD drive that will load games it could be years before there is a way to extract the key from the motherboard.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

In the key vault, but you cant read from there without a vailid key lol.

DJeX81

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(podger @ Mar 17 2008, 02:48 AM) View Post

As I said you need a working DVD  to get it..... do a search for team infectus, but it will be no good to you.

Even if I got the chip this wouldn't work?  http://infectus.biz/...l-dvdkey-en.php

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »

yeh that will work just stop at

The key begin is in F0 and the end in FF

- Change the DVDkey .

and copy the key instead of changing it, then just add that key to the firmware dump with maximus firmware toolbox.
also before doing that u will need to have ur 360 on vulnerable firmware version (4532 or 4548) and to do that u will need to do this 1st with the infectus, http://infectus.biz/.....e Xbox360.doc   also will need a timing attack addon for the infectus.

cheers

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

To do all this you need a working dvd drive to load the King Kong hack........

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »

arr yes of course. my mistake heh forgot about that lil factor heh.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

which is very unlikely that he will have that, as any game since then has the dashboard update on it which is required to play the game.

i beleive a working DVD drive is still needed to load the King kong patch to boot into linux to read the DVD key from the nand, as i beleive if anything is accessed on the nand its self, the hypervisor detects this (which is why the hypervisor is there and shuts down the console

pigpen65

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Mar 18 2008, 05:51 PM) View Post

i beleive a working DVD drive is still needed to load the King kong patch to boot into linux to read the DVD key from the nand, as i beleive if anything is accessed on the nand its self, the hypervisor detects this (which is why the hypervisor is there and shuts down the console

I understand what you are saying. The directions are a bit confusing because of the translation. I'm just going off this: http://infectus.biz/.....e Xbox360.doc . I guess the question is, can an update be applied to an xbox through a dvd drive which does not have the correct key. I don't know. Can an update be applied to an xbox using the HD-DVD add-on? I know they can be updated via the HD being moved from one box to another.

pigpen65

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

Forget that last post. You are absolutely correct. While it is actually possible to downgrade to a vulnerable kernel without a working DVD-drive, you need to be able to load a linux distro in order to obtain the CPU key. You can't boot from the drive without the drive key. You can't gain access to the key vault without the CPU key. I was just confused with the order of things.

Halo_2

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 05:13:00 AM »

Same topic title

i flashed with BenQ iXtreme 1.4.1 then back to original firmware then BenQ iXtreme 1.1 rev2 trying to play backups, both time chose non stealth but im having problems loading my original (xbox1) backups they load as if i stuck them into my pc dvd player but still plays original xbox360 and DVDs.

Halo_2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »

Dont worry works now but it wont load xbox1 backup single layer (non stealth) using iextreme 1.41 non stealth