xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Benq Flashed Outside Of 360  (Read 118 times)

mnutz

• Archived User
Benq Flashed Outside Of 360
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »

Totally new to the 360 flashing scene, got an elite with the BenQ drive.

Read a few tutorials that mentioned crossover cables, a few bits of software and made it sound really easy.  

After spending 30 mins browsing these forums it seems a lot more difficult than I first imagined.  One big bonus for me is that I don't play online with my 360 so I don't have the worry of being banned.  Purely single player, got my PC for my multi player fixes.

So, I have got to order a torx screwdriver.  But I was wondering if it would be possible to just link the benq drive directly to my current PC's mobo and flash it.  Got an asus a8n-sli mobo.  

Or because I don't play online is there an easier way to flash it that doesn't involve soldering?

kleinishere

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »

I just started reading a couple of weeks ago, but as I understand it soldering was only necessary in the past.

Now you can use the software you probably came across like iPrep or DosFlash. Check out http://www.360mods.n...ads/get=61.html , it's the "Textbook" that everyone starting out should read. It should answer all your questions. The BenQ is actually very easy to mod. I'm doing mine this weekend!

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 03:26:00 AM »

Anyone get internal stack overflow errors when using the connectivity kit (with switch) as many tut require power off and on during flash?
Pages: 1 [2]