xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Trying To Reflash Ixtreme 1.4  (Read 23 times)

arthurdaily

• Archived User
Problem Trying To Reflash Ixtreme 1.4
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

Hi,

I am pulling my hair out at the moment.  I flashed my ms25 sammy using the latest Iprep and all went ok.
When I flashed the drive, I selected 12x speed, although this will not play my existing backups which worked fine on my old Hitachi box so I thought I will just reflash to 8x speed instead.

This is where the problem starts... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Being an idiot, I overwrote my existing backup by formating my USB stick with the new 8x speed preparation.
I tried to used dsam and then select my drives ATA port. MTKFLASH runs and I then get a message saying : Port 9800, Master/Slave a0

It will not go any further and if I escape, I get status = 00,should be 70.

I have tried this with fsam and trying to recover my ORIG.BIN using MTKFLASH, but all just get stuck on the port message.  I have rebooted the xbox and and tried the 10 seconds trick and even moved the SATA cable to different slots with no luck.  I can see the drive in my BIOS ok.  All other drives are unplugged.

So everything worked perfectly the first flash but now I'm getting nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Arthur

arthurdaily

• Archived User
Problem Trying To Reflash Ixtreme 1.4
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(arthurdaily @ Jan 6 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Just to get the instructions straight on MTKFLASH. dsam / fsam

It says to choose the port and then turn the drive off and press enter, then turn the drive on again after 10 seconds and the drive will be read.

when you choose the port its normally an option number e.g. (1 Xtreme Primary Master) (2 Xtreme Primary Slave).   You don't have to press enter it just goes straight into reading when you press a number.
When it says turn the drive off.  Does this mean the Xbox or just unplug the drive itself ?

It's just worded a bit misleading to me.

Arthur

Anyone ?