xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help Me Please, Dont Hurt Me  (Read 69 times)

xxdemonic

• Archived User
Help Me Please, Dont Hurt Me
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

So I bought a DVD ROM drive off ebay and I hooked it up and thought it didnt work, so I emailed the guy telling him blah blah didnt work... and he replyed back telling me just "you need to flash it" so my problem is I have no past experience with this, so I googled it, searched the forums and read the one tut. that is huge ad makes no sense to me.

So if anyone can help me please with a "really easy step-by-step tut. tat is vey easy to read maybe with some pictures on what to do. It would be really appreciated... dont hurt, flame, delete, ignore me plz  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks in advance, Demo  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(xxdemonic @ Jan 5 2008, 09:41 PM) View Post

So I bought a DVD ROM drive off ebay

Please give more detail. e.g. Drive make and model.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

Now give some more detail of why/what you're doing. From what it sounds like, you have a 360 that maybe the drive went bad or something and so you bought a replacement and now want to swap it. Maybe I'm close or maybe I'm way off. Please explain your situation in more detail.

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

Dude........I dont want to be a dick, but you gotta read! Trust me, this is one of the nicer replies you are going to get. First off you gave no information about what kind of drive you have, no one can help you at all without knowing what type of drive you have because each drive has a different yet specific set of software and hardware requirements needed to flash.  Second...Do you still have your original dvd rom? If you do not have it then there is no chance that you will be able to flash your new drive. you will first need to extract the key from your old drive. There are several tutorials dealing with every kind of dvd rom drive in place today, and some of them do have pictures. You just need to look in the tutorial section of this site.

Some people here really resent noobs who cry for help with their first post after signing up the same day and give up after a few minutes of searching. Flashing a drive is much harder than finding a tutorial, and if you cant do that ..........need I say more. Please take this post for what it is intended, not to flame or ridicule, but to give you a little kick in the ass and tell you there is no free lunch, without reading and understanding no amount of hand holding will get you through this unless you understand what it is you are doing.

If you cannot manage to understand the tutorial you can search around and there are a few people you could send your xbox to along  with the original DVD unit and the replacement DVD  that would be able to flash it for you at a reasonable price. People here are willing to help but you must put forth a little effort in order to get a return.

xxdemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

um do you see my make and model up there
press refresh before a flame or "kick in the ass" is what you call it, so im a newb instead of making a post like that you coulda

1. Gave me links
2. Explain some stuff to me maybe?

and for GEEBEE`s tut. ca anyone explain to me in steps of what todo so I can follow it, it just looks really confusing to me when I read it ><;;

xxdemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »

so is there anyway I can just change the laser from one DVD drive to the other is that posible I found out the link to take it apart any help?

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »

Sorry, but the make and model posts were added as I wrote my reply. You can just replace the laser. Had you done a little research beforehand you could have just purchased a laser assembly off of Ebay for probably less than half of what you paid for the DVD rom in the first place. As for the links and how to.....DO A LITTLE WORK FOR YOURSELF grr.gif

xxdemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »

So does the laser work for all make and models, I cant remember what the DVD drive is in the one im using right now but I got it day 1 of launch. So if not I can just disasemble both and swap lasers?

O and a friend got the DVD drive for me as a gift, we both thought you could swap-plug-and play ; ;

thanks love.gif

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »

Serioulsy people aren't treating you wrong... you are just showing in your post that you need to do more leg work on your own before it's worth offering you advice... you don't ave the basics down at all.

In the time between your first post and your last you could have probably found all the guides neede dto do what you want to do and also learned why and what you are doinng rather than trying to get someone else to just spoonfeed you step by step instructions for your particular issue.

People don't mind helping out,  but it's annoying when someone asks you to do the thinking for them...

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 05:53:00 AM »

if they are both Samsung drive (the one you are replacing) then just swap the DVD Boards and you wont have to touch the laser.   smile.gif  used to have a tutorial on how to disassemble   to help everyone but a mod got upset for my long sig and deleted it.  I am sure if ya search on here ya can find it.

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

I would  just use the samsung drive as they are a lot better at reading backup's. You will have to spoof your sammy as a hitachi though. If I was you i'd find someone to do it for you, maybe they would take your old drive as payment. Look in the shopping section, modchip installers/firmware flashers.
Have you tried tweaking the pot on your old dvd rom?

xxdemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

Not sure what tweaking the pot is sad.gif
So i couldnt swap lasers then?
I leave for Basic Training in 3 months all I want to do is play some games damn it !!!  sad.gif

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »

The lazers are the same so yes you could just swap em. There is a tut for tweaking the pot look it up.

swampy1111

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

take the case off the dvd drive and see if the laser flashes red twice on eject and close if it dosent check all of the ribbons

xxdemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

laser doesnt flash, and all the ribbons seem to be ok imma check em all again to make sure.
Pages: [1] 2