xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: E65 Error After Flashing Ms28 With Ix1.4  (Read 47 times)

zweef_jr

• Archived User
E65 Error After Flashing Ms28 With Ix1.4
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

hi,

i just backed up my original firmware and flashed ix1.4 using textbook's guid and the VCC method.

now i get a E65 error, i have allready rechecked the resolderd resistor and cable, but i still get the error.

allso when i backed up and flashed the firmware i didn't get any error, thus i expect the firmware to be backed up and flashed correctly.

what should i do now?

thanks,

excaliburlives

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »

If i'm not mistaken, the vcc trick is only for Hitachi's. Samsungs dont need that to work. The vcc trick is only to get hitachi's in "B" mode. If you were able to backup your original file then get the key from it and try again.

zweef_jr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

thanks for the reply, but you do need the vcc trick with ms28 drives if you don't have a VIA sata controller, and i don't have a VIA sata controller.

but i have fixed it allready, i allready had a bad feeling about the resistor, so i removed it and just briged the two point with solder.

i think i need to get a soldering iron with a lower wattage and a smaller tip. lol.

Rictorious

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:49:00 PM »

Just out of curiosity, would a 15w solder be sufficient for this type of work or lower/higher?