xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq Drive Sits On 0xd1 And 0x51 When Flashing - How I Fixed It  (Read 19 times)

stilliamsam

• Archived User
Benq Drive Sits On 0xd1 And 0x51 When Flashing - How I Fixed It
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

It took me 7 hours but i finally managed to fix my Benq flashing problem. I was using a new Falcon Xbox pro and had installed the VIA VT6421A PCI SATA card.

Anyway I tried to flash the drive and it always hung on 0xD1 and 0x51 and never started to read the banks. After trying a lot of different things the way mine finally worked was by
 1- Putting the Sata cable into the internal sata card connection which is on the card but inside the PC.
 2 - Disabling, via bios, every other ide/pata/Sata internal connection I had on the PC
 3 - When the floppy disk booted up as soon as the dos prompt came up I then turned on my xbox.
 4 - typed in the command, slected Y to keep trying, then turned off the xbox and turned it back on and Walah!
5 - after getting the firmware and then creating thr new one I tried to overwrite it and had about 10000 read errors. I ended up erasing the firmware and then rewriting it and had no problems.

hopefully this may help someone else and save them 7 hours of frustration

Cheers