xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hitachi Dvd Doesn't Open, Light Flashes  (Read 51 times)

MarutiDriver

• Archived User
Hitachi Dvd Doesn't Open, Light Flashes
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

That's for samsung drives.

BTW, you could also try using the chillifix, google it.

nemoah

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

I dont think i'll try chillfix...lol, i'm not comfortable soldering.

in regard to buying another drive, I assume I would be able to replace it with a hitachi 47 right? even though I had a 46, the mobo should be the same?

Would you recommend that I get a hitachi or a samsung and make it compatible?

thanks for your help!

arash89

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »

I have the same problem with a hitachi 47dj... I flashed it and there was an error then i restarted the 360 and the PC, now the dvdrom wont open/eject... I dunno what to do, i got it into mode b with the Two-wire trick done, but windows wont recognise it, BTW when i try to eject, the light flashes once and then it stays on permanent untill i put it into mode b again so it flashes rapidly again... i tried with my motherboards sata and with a VT6421a but it still wont recognise the drive. I have XP on my pc...

I was wondering if i could do something in dos and not in windows? i have the original firmware left.

MarutiDriver

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 03:05:00 AM »

If you're going to replace the drive, it doesn't matter if it isn't the same version as the dead one.

You could put a 59 inside it and wouldn't have problems as long as you spoof the firmware to report as the original drive and, of course, you have patched the key in.

HackMy360

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

yea it sucks to brick a drive but like I said you have to remember that if there is an error restart the flash and DO NOT! power off the 360 that is the error a lot of people including myself made.. wait untill it flashes 100% if not try again and again untill it does it 100% nemoah you can buy a 47 dj of ebay 30$ and just use firmware toolbox and inject the key from your orig. file in the 2.4 FW folder and spoof it as a 46 and after you inject the key then run flashix and put in 1.4 really easy It took me 2 minutes.. arash89 same thing  good thing you have the original FW or else the 360 would be junk but your case would just be to inject the key no spoofing  just get a 47DJ

nemoah

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

The reason I turned it off was because I had already been trying to flash it for two hours with no luck. Would it have been ok if I turned off my computer first? I don't understand what I should have done since the flashing and restoring didn't seem to work no matter how often I tried it. The tutorials didn't seem to provide any insight to this matter.

HackMy360

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

Yea I mean when flashing has problems you have to complete it no matter what if it takes all day you do it all day it sucks but thats how it has to be you can restart the computer but not the 360 also remember you had already tried restoring with 1.4 if that didn't work you should of tried the restore from 2.3 or 2.4 maybe you tried a restore it didnt work so you flashed over the firmware and that didn't complete so you tried another restore and that didn't work by that time the FW is all screwed up luckily you have the experience already and this won't happen again and again its real easy to fix..
Pages: 1 [2]