xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 79fl Question!  (Read 27 times)

xtcnrice

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

Hi, I have an XBOX 360 Elite with the 79FL firmware DVD drive. I brought it to a place to get it modded and as it stands, it has the 79PASSKEY by Maximus in it, and it currently has the iXtreme 1.2 firmware in it.
Problem: When I got it modded, I did not get a copy of the original firmware! However, I could just dump the current firmware to obtain the 'key' correct?

Secondly, of course I want to update to iXtreme 1.4. Because I do not have the original.bin, could I simply INJECT my key into the 79 "original firmware" that came with 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.6 and apply the iXtreme 1.4 patch there, then flash? Or is that unsafe? If that's not the proper way to approach this, is there an alternative way to updated my iXtreme from 1.2 to 1.4?

Thanks!

MarutiDriver

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

AFAIK, you don't need your original bin, just restore the drive, then flash with the newest fw.

I've only flashed 59 and below, so I don't know if the same applies to the 7x models.

VanydotK

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »

in order to restore the 7x drives you'll need the original fw.

xtcnrice

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

yes i hear that too, even from the tutorial itself from 360fw toolbox.

however, the feature on 360 fw toolbox "Tools>Recover lost original file" seems to work... according to this thread

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=614840

the person had kind of the same situation as i have, but an even older fw.  can someone confirm this as a solution?

thanks!

XmodsUK

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »

You can try that, but only if you can't get a copy ogf your original FW. Have you been in touch with whoever flashed it?

Carlitosbaby

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(xtcnrice @ Dec 11 2007, 11:47 PM) *

Hi, I have an XBOX 360 Elite with the 79FL firmware DVD drive. I brought it to a place to get it modded and as it stands, it has the 79PASSKEY by Maximus in it, and it currently has the iXtreme 1.2 firmware in it.
Problem: When I got it modded, I did not get a copy of the original firmware! However, I could just dump the current firmware to obtain the 'key' correct?

Secondly, of course I want to update to iXtreme 1.4. Because I do not have the original.bin, could I simply INJECT my key into the 79 "original firmware" that came with 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.6 and apply the iXtreme 1.4 patch there, then flash? Or is that unsafe? If that's not the proper way to approach this, is there an alternative way to updated my iXtreme from 1.2 to 1.4?

Thanks!

you dont need original firmware I dont care what anyone here says. As long as drive is working that is all you need dump the firmware on drive and open toolbox and click on recover lost original file. It will make you a new original file. Anyone that tells you you need the original just doesnt know wtf they talking about.

xtcnrice

• Archived User
79fl Question!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlitosbaby @ Dec 12 2007, 12:04 PM) *

you dont need original firmware I dont care what anyone here says. As long as drive is working that is all you need dump the firmware on drive and open toolbox and click on recover lost original file. It will make you a new original file. Anyone that tells you you need the original just doesnt know wtf they talking about.

thanks a lot, that's exactly what i needed to know!~