xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: New Possible Banwave..  (Read 1141 times)

19Ripper75

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ Dec 17 2007, 12:53 AM) View Post

Interesting... may I ask why you bothered modding then?

Have you kept up on the firmwares? It would seem that pre 1.4 firmwares could report badly even on retail discs... heck even 1.4 could have some other hole that reports improperly on retail discs....

I am keeping my fingers crossed on mine that has 1.4 now....

I bothered modding pretty much the reason some people do: to protect my investments. I had a girlfriend that had a couple of kids, who were notorious for not putting the games back in the cases, scratching the hell out of the discs. So after replacing a couple games, I decided to mod and do backups, that way they could scatch the backups all they wanted. Now, since we're not together anymore, I have no reason to use the backups, and I've only been on Live for little over a month. Before then, the console has never been connected to Live.

No, I have not kept up with firmware updates, as it's a pain to keep opening the box to access the drive.

Devedander

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »

So the box isn't technically a retail only box... it just never had backups after it went on live?

I would think if it's true that there is no such thing as a flag on the console that phones home then that is effectively the same as a retail only box but then again I guess technically it's not...

I have to say that the cat and mouse side of this whole ordeal and having to maintain versions has to be the biggest downfall of the process...

QUOTE(Zod5000 @ Dec 17 2007, 08:57 AM) *
Is it possible they're banning in waves, and these are delayed bans from backups played before iextreme 1.4 was released?

Anything is possible and that is one of the ways in which MS is being very wise here.... They hold all the keys and they are making every last bit of use they can from that standpoint.

Menion

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

Just wondering about the whole banning issue. IMHO, care should be used, using "scene" by people that are unable to make own backup copy becaouse of the lack of proper hardware. It could be possible that modified ISOs "stealth" from SS, DMI, PFI matching point of view, but are not what M$ expect to see from a retail copy, have been spread over the NET.

Devedander

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

Got to thinking and as much as it's been shown that nothing is flagged offline then sent home later, I got to wondering if it's possible something is heald in volatile memory.... the HD and NAND flash was dumped and verified to not change after using a backup, but what about normal RAM?  

When the system is powered down it still functions in a limited manner (so it can read power on signals and if you have auto download on it stays even more on) and it still gets power... plenty enough so as to keep the data in the RAM if it wanted to.  Now this might wreak havoc with games expecting the RAM to be available but it's holding some kind of flag, but then again some of the RAM has to be available for the dash and OS at all times so it would seem possible that some of it is used to hold a flag...

This just out of a tired brain thinking too much before going to sleep but thought I would toss it out there...

DuBob4432

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Menion @ Dec 17 2007, 06:26 AM) View Post

Just wondering about the whole banning issue. IMHO, care should be used, using "scene" by people that are unable to make own backup copy becaouse of the lack of proper hardware. It could be possible that modified ISOs "stealth" from SS, DMI, PFI matching point of view, but are not what M$ expect to see from a retail copy, have been spread over the NET.

i pondered the same theory as you until i was banned - all of my backups were made by me from originals- i controlled everything - there was no d/l'd games on my machine.

RICHWILKINS50

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

I was banned too the other day :-( ms28 360, got it modded by a friend about 6 months ago, been on live since august, playing backups absolutely fine until 16th December. I backup all of my games myself from my originals. stealth checks pass fine evey time. strange :-(

Hussien FATAL

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

lurk.gif Im banned yesterday..
using Ixtreme 1.4 all my games where checked with dvdmulleter
and everytime a new firmware came out i would upgrade.

So its strange i never got banned before when they where swing the might hammer
and this time it just got me and got me good

Well ill have to buy a new system but not mod it
and keep the one i have for backups

FATAL

xenonflash

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »

I just got a new console and modded the BenQ drive in it with iXtreme 1.4.  All I have done on it so far is test a few backups (COD4, Gears, Halo 3) for a few minutes.  I have not connected to LIVE or had the ethernet connected.

I am going to be keeping a log of all the things I put in my 360 and when I play them (just by date).  So when my inevitable ban comes, I'll be able to have plenty of info.

crashnet2000

• Archived User
New Possible Banwave..
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »

Hi all,
i have read almost every post regarding the new ban wave and i cant remember seen someone that is actually describing the flash method they used.
was the DVD rom disconnected at any time when the box was powered on ?
did you use the xbox as power source or did you use a connectivity kit ?

i heard that a error code is stored when the dvd rom is disconnected from the mother board when the box is on. If this is true then the above questions must be important for firmware coders to find out..

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]