xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bannings From Dashboard Update?  (Read 36 times)

kenwood90

• Archived User
Bannings From Dashboard Update?
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

i dont get my most recent game was prg4 and i have played it no bannings but are we talking about with this new dashbaord update becuase i havent updated yet im holding it off but in the mean time it signes me out, Should i update? And how do i use kreon checker?

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »

Hey dumbass, don't post more than one thread.

Also, don't you think if anybody were banned from the update there would be a thread with a lot more people bitching about being banned?

Vrtclhykr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »

Maybe we should just start replying yes.
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

kenwood90

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »

mistake this thread was thought it was a reply to the thread made on this, anyways so youre saying the dashbaord update didnt cause bannings?

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

check out this website, it'll answer your question
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

kenwood90

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »

first of all thats old, second read the title "xbox liv ebannings" if it doesnt apply to you dont answere and if youre all against game backups why post in the firmware section we all know custom firmware if for backups so why make our modders lives miserable with youre gay little comments

so why dont you talk to me when youre balls drop and please dont post here agian

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(kenwood90 @ Dec 6 2007, 07:18 AM) *

first of all thats old, second read the title "xbox liv ebannings" if it doesnt apply to you dont answere and if youre all against game backups why post in the firmware section we all know custom firmware if for backups so why make our modders lives miserable with youre gay little comments

so why dont you talk to me when youre balls drop and please dont post here agian

Yes it's old but it still applies to you. We're not against backups, just stupid questions. Why do you think nobody has answered your question? Please read below for the answer if you really don't know.

How about you talk to me when YOUR (not you're) balls drop?

*answer*
BECAUSE IT'S A STUPID QUESTION! Like I said, don't you think if people were banned due to the dash update there would be a thread with several people reporting they were banned due to the dash update? Or better yet, don't you think it would be on the main page like it always is when there is a major banning?

Work on your connective reasoning skills, buddy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

plasticintellectual

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

LMAO!!!!!!!!! 0WNED!
i can't stop laughing i'm crying. LOL

RichMR2

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:00 AM »

As fun as the above is to read I'm going to actually answer this guy.

No. I know of no bannings due to the update, I have now updated and no ban. It should be OK to update the dash. If in doubt simply restore your original fw before updating then re-flash with iXtreme once the dash is updated. Use common sense and a search function and you would have figured this out.

This post has been edited by RichMR2: Dec 7 2007, 11:56 AM

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 04:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(RichMR2 @ Dec 7 2007, 10:55 AM) *

As fun as the above is to read I'm going to actually answer this guy.

No. I know of no bannings due to the update, I have now updated and no ban. It should be OK to update the dash. If in doubt simply restore your original fw before updating then re-flash with iXtreme once the dash is updated. Use common sense and a search function and you would have figured this out.

why would you restore your original firmware?

C4eva created a new log that shows nothing curious about firmware detection or so, the ixtreme firmwares are stealth, so non-detectable thus reflashing bach to original is useless

RichMR2

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

I know all of that which is why I didn't put my old fw back on. I was saying if you are in any doubts then putting the old fw on would cover yourself from anything (I know as well as you know that it's not detected, that's not my point). Worried about gettng banned but can't find anything about new update = baning, be safe and stick the old back on then update... protect yourself kinda like when having sex with the mrs. I know she's clean, I know I'm clean, I know she's on the pill and chances of anything bad are less than 0.1% but I'll still put a condom on to protect myself.

For the sake of 2 mins flashing before the update and another 2 mins after, if someone isn't convinced that the iXtreme fw wont make a difference then they might aswell do it (regardless of how useless it may be). Nowhere did I say or imply that it's necessary.