xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Benq Very Slow Loading Backups  (Read 1014 times)

kreeeee

• Archived User
Benq Very Slow Loading Backups
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2008, 06:21:00 AM »

Is this a registered issue to be fixed for the next firmware release?

justlookin

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »

argh, does BenQ has weaker laser or drive in general?  GTA slowdown is killing me, it wasn't a problem in the beginning but after about a few days of playing the popups are horrible.  Everything won't load up on time while i'm playing the game, so I"m just driving by myself on a unrendered city <--- basically just blocks to represent buildings and streets...

BenQ at 12X fw

tkoWD

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

Console: Elite
DOP: 17/05/2008
DOM:15/03/2008

drive: Benq
fw: 1.4 @ 8x
Media tested: Memorex @ 2.4x and Verbatin @ 2.4x (singapore)
the problem is the texture loading in gta4....it's unplayable...the original works better than perfect.

Assassin's creed: game loading time is close to 2/3 min (i think it's because of the game).

i tried gta4 (my backup) on another console with benq and it works pretty good.

since there are many people with this problem we have to look where the problem can be solved:

-Drive
-Firmware
-Media

the problem might not even be here...since some people experience good gameplay...

Killabee1

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(tkoWD @ Jun 4 2008, 01:42 AM) View Post

Console: Elite
DOP: 17/05/2008
DOM:15/03/2008

drive: Benq
fw: 1.4 @ 8x
Media tested: Memorex @ 2.4x and Verbatin @ 2.4x (singapore)
the problem is the texture loading in gta4....it's unplayable...the original works better than perfect.

Assassin's creed: game loading time is close to 2/3 min (i think it's because of the game).

i tried gta4 (my backup) on another console with benq and it works pretty good.

since there are many people with this problem we have to look where the problem can be solved:

-Drive
-Firmware
-Media
the problem might not even be here...since some people experience good gameplay...

You should try fw with 12x reading speed (default speed). My BenQ works just fine.

timeas

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Killabee1 @ Jun 4 2008, 12:48 AM) View Post

You should try fw with 12x reading speed (default speed). My BenQ works just fine.

That worked for me also flawless. But suddenly this week it was a lot slower. And it's not GTA alone, it's also slow in Forza m 2, cars take long to load at the summary screen.

Revised (? xbox with MS 28 was repeared in march, got Benq back) Benq 1.4 iextreme 12X
Only have played back-ups those 3 months that passed.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

For all who are questioning the media and burn speeds in my experience with all 3 drive types and both Aone and verbatim discs I have found the discs not to be the cause of the slow loading (tried both discs in same machine with slow loading).  
I have a friends Elite with a Benq drive and another has an arcade with a Benq drive both flashed with 12x iXtreme 1.4.  The elite has no problems and the arcade does, so maybe its the HDD...

Plugged my HDD into the arcade machine and tried with both disc brands, still slow loading.  Do I need to start a fresh saved game file on the HDD?

OriginalCompGeek

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »

I was using an MS28 and playing GTA4 it would never get to the police chase image at load before i was in game, with the benq it finished all the images and sits there for at least 30 seconds, maybe 60 longer before the game is loaded.  There is definitely truth to this.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(OriginalCompGeek @ Jun 13 2008, 04:13 PM) *

I was using an MS28 and playing GTA4 it would never get to the police chase image at load before i was in game, with the benq it finished all the images and sits there for at least 30 seconds, maybe 60 longer before the game is loaded.  There is definitely truth to this.

I also noticed this when my mate gave me his arcade model to check.  When it was loading I thought, I've never seen that picture before or that one!  My Samsung drive and friends Hitachi have no problem.

Also tried the cache clear method from the memory tab and launch from disc at startup but still no joy.

Gonna go round my mates to see if his Elite model with a Benq has the same problem cos from my experiece its DEF not the discs, only Benq

baddass_fckr

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »

OK guys i thought i should let everyone know that i was having real bad loading probs with my BenQ @ 12X in GTA4 but i recently purchased a Hard drive and now all (and i mean all) of my loading probs have gone the game now works 100% better i've tested it in an infernus and not 1 texture on the road surface dissapeared.  My gamertag and save game was copied over to my hdd and i dont even use the memory card any more .  I just thought anyone with a Benq and real bad gta 4 probs should know it works much better with a HDD. also i'm using a backup burnt @ 2.4X on Aone media if that helps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by baddass_fckr: Jun 13 2008, 11:46 PM

ssj4android

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(foaley77 @ Nov 25 2007, 02:54 AM) View Post

I'm using 8x as well and the intro video of Bioshock has problems ,using Verbatims

I was having some problems with the Bioshock into as well, the record player part at least, using my Benq at 12x. It only started happening after I patched it, and it started working fine again for no apparent reason later.

I do have problems with Mass Effect though, much texture popping and momentary freezing, even during the credits.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(baddass_fckr @ Jun 13 2008, 10:44 PM) View Post

i recently purchased a Hard drive and now all (and i mean all) of my loading probs have gone the game now works 100% better

Wish I had found this, when I used my HDD and no memory card plugged in, after deleting the cache it was still terrible.... dry.gif

CasioNo15

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(modslave @ Jun 16 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post

Is this possibly why some people have problems and some don't because of the two versions of the drive?

I also have the Benq 64930c with iXtreme 1.4.1 12x but it has huge problems with GTA IV without HDD.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(CasioNo15 @ Jun 16 2008, 08:08 PM) View Post

I also have the Benq 64930c with iXtreme 1.4.1 12x but it has huge problems with GTA IV without HDD.

Ok that theory is gone then, looks like def Benq firmware may need a tweak.  If only I had a clue  unsure.gif

ntloser

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(CasioNo15 @ Jun 16 2008, 04:08 PM) View Post

That is funny that you mention this. I just flashed a BenQ drive and had huge problems with my GTA IV back up. It would not load, I would get dirty disk, however, when I plugged in a mem stick with my profile on it, it worked.

There is some very strange things going on with this BenQ. I have since spoofed an MS25 as a BENQ with my new key and it works great!!!

ntloser

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »

Ugh wow. Since I am selling my older modded 360 with a new BenQ, I decided I'd better spend some time playing it to make sure it doesn't have any problems.  Initially, in its original system, the BenQ load times were ridiculous when loading a back up (getting to the start screen).  But now that I actually played some GTA IV on it , I see what every one means about the pop ups.
I happen to have an extra 360 HD. I am going to try it out for a bit and see if it improves.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9