xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Benq Very Slow Loading Backups  (Read 1006 times)

alcatone

• Archived User
Benq Very Slow Loading Backups
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

I have v1.4

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »

I got my copy of gta iv yesterday made a backup of it and it plays just as my original does i cant tell any difference between the two. Using ixtreme 1.41 12x and verbatim burned at 2-2.4x using clone cd.

n0gabor

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(ZprivateZ @ May 4 2008, 09:32 AM) View Post

I got my copy of gta iv yesterday made a backup of it and it plays just as my original does i cant tell any difference between the two. Using ixtreme 1.41 12x and verbatim burned at 2-2.4x using clone cd.

And do you have HDD?

I have a BenQ drive Arcade (w no HDD), GTAIV burnt on a Verba 2.4x MCM001, and I have a LOT of popups (game nearly unplayable when you're in a car chase).
I don't know the firmware, I've bought my xbox in January premodded.

CasioNo15

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 06:24:00 AM »

Here are my findings with GTA:

My System:
Xbox 360 Arcade with Benq drive and 1.41 12x iXtreme
Backup of GTA on a Verbatim burnt with 2.4x speed

The backup is unplayable due to extreme popups on my benq. It runs much better on the 360 of my brother with a Hitachi 79FL drive.
I also tried his 20GB hdd and after an hour of playing, the popups completely disappeared. The textures are cached from hdd now.

Casio

Jysinn

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »

My experience with this Benq Drive.

bought a new xbox 2 days ago, opened it up had the BenQ drive (not bad) I flashed the drive before even turning on the  xbox, just in case some how Microsoft does some kind on firmware record of some sort.

I flashed with ver. 1.41 No Stealth - I don't play on live
Burnt GTA, it loaded fine and when I play the game it seems to load fine no sluggishness.
but the drive reads like there's rocks rolling around the drive for some reason...

So far so good.. I just hate hearing the laser/DRIVE RUN LIKE IT IS...

Also a side not but after I flashed the drive tested with a game then turned it off then on it gave me a E68 Error,
I had to restart my xbox like 4 times then it loaded the dashboard. What would cause that?

I followed the benq-iprep006-tutorial and I have flashed every drive possible for the Xbox so aim not a n00b.
I am scratching my head on this one...

AsssKisser666

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »

I have one Xbox360 Elite with the BenQ 64930c that with iXtreme 1.4.1 x8 plays GTA4 perfectly. But then I have another Xbox360 Premium with HDMi that has a BenQ 62430C that has huge problems with GTA4.

The streaming is always late, so sometimes it feels like youre car starts swimming in a grey texture pool?? It takes 4-6 seconds for the game to load everything. Its fine as long as you are walking, but if you are driving more than 200-300 meters the issue begins. I have tried iXtreme 1.4.1 x8, x12. I have tried iXtreme 1.1 Fast. But no change? I was trying to spoof a hitachi for this 360, but I think I bricked the hitachi bc I got a BSOD when restoring it? Has anyone any clues what I could do to fix it?? Please. The hitachi drive is fantastic with GTA4, I took it out from a another 360 premium I got at launch which has got the RROD, I have tried a X-Clamp fix on it and that worked for a while, but not anymore. And I dont really care, I just want the drive to work again. Is there a way??? Please. Thx.

Edit: Sorry fo the Offtopic, but I tried to search and didnt find anything. So If you can just point me in the right direction, if there is any?

QUOTE(CasioNo15 @ May 4 2008, 03:00 PM) *

Here are my findings with GTA:

My System:
Xbox 360 Arcade with Benq drive and 1.41 12x iXtreme
Backup of GTA on a Verbatim burnt with 2.4x speed

The backup is unplayable due to extreme popups on my benq. It runs much better on the 360 of my brother with a Hitachi 79FL drive.
I also tried his 20GB hdd and after an hour of playing, the popups completely disappeared. The textures are cached from hdd now.

Casio

Yes you really need a HDD if you want the game to work nicely.

This post has been edited by AsssKisser666: May 4 2008, 08:46 PM

Helios150

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

Has anyone tried media other than verbatim? I know verbatim work perfect in the other drives... maybe the benq will work better with another brand of media?

lenselijertje

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »

verbatim on a benq at 8x with ix1.41 should work just fine.

i do have a harddrive though  biggrin.gif

saxxu

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 12:33:00 AM »

i flashed mine @ 2x it's painfully slow sometimes but soo quiet, i dont know what the stock speed is on benq's but it was loud enough to hear my discs spinning across the hallway this was very annoying on games with immersive and cozy gameplay.

thecheeks

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(saxxu @ May 8 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

i flashed mine @ 2x it's painfully slow sometimes but soo quiet, i dont know what the stock speed is on benq's but it was loud enough to hear my discs spinning across the hallway this was very annoying on games with immersive and cozy gameplay.

every drive is 12x. im tempted to try 2x, i hate loud things in my room and the 360 is insane. cant wait til (and if) a hdd hack comes out, loved how fast and quiet the xbox1s were

techmob

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »

not sure why mine is different

my manufact date is march 08 and it is a falcon system with a BenQ-VAD6038-64930C  drive and with 12x it runs very quiet and even seems that it does not spin fast enough really

i can hear the laser moving like mad, where as on the samsung the drive spins loud and you don't hear the read noise

could it be possible the benq is not spinning up to it's potential?

going to try a diff benQ drive today

jamiem1987

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(techmob @ May 8 2008, 09:42 AM) *

not sure why mine is different

my manufact date is march 08 and it is a falcon system with a BenQ-VAD6038-64930C  drive and with 12x it runs very quiet and even seems that it does not spin fast enough really

i can hear the laser moving like mad, where as on the samsung the drive spins loud and you don't hear the read noise

could it be possible the benq is not spinning up to it's potential?

going to try a diff benQ drive today

the benq definitely has louder read noise (ie the laser moving about) than the samsung, but the samsung was much louder for me in general. I have gta backup made using samsung ms28 with xbox backup creator, on my xbox im using ixtreme 1.41 using verbatim media written with a pioneer 111d,i see no notable difference between the original and the backup on the benq apart from maybe a slightly longer load time. Ive tried it without the hdd and notice no more popups than in the original with the backup. I also suspect the popins without the the hdd are better on the benq than my mates samsung ms25

mirko

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2008, 03:31:00 AM »

noticed this on the last Benq i just did last week...

was brand new, did 1.4 FW , 12x... games load fine on anything else but this takes double the time... weird...

kreeeee

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »

It's only really noticeable with GTA4 and popups. The situation definitely improved when I replaced my 3 day old BENQ drive with my 2006 MS28.

reigningdesign

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

Mine is very slow to read to0, mass effect seems to be having the most problems, I burnt it at 4x, and all of my other ones were bunt at 6x.  Im thinking about getting a different drive at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9