xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Benq Very Slow Loading Backups  (Read 1007 times)

manu_xl

• Archived User
Benq Very Slow Loading Backups
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:00 AM »

also fine here. see signature. above posts prove nothing. if you really want to blame iXtreme 1.4 for BenQ, you should do tests in the right way. they should compare unflashed benq drive with orignal game disc with same benq flashed afterwards.

there are so many possible reasons of the slowdowns: disc quality, burner quality, bad rip, ... just do not shoot on this fw without prove!

edit: i just have some minor problems with forza. when browsing through the tournament. the texture of the golden cup always loads slow. white texture in the beginning. besides this no problems over here.

Plug

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »

I can positivly say now there is something dodgy about the benQ 12x firmware.

just got my replacment benq and swapped my old samsung drive out and replaced it with the 12x benQ firmware

Media used:

Verbitum 2.4x mmk001 singapour.
best verbs you can buy.

Burned at 4x with my new pioneer sata burner just bought recently...

GTA4 tested..

The popups are much longer i would say 4 seconds longer than my sammy drive .

tested COD4

maps on avarage load up 3 seconds slower.

that doesnt bother me though but GTA4 really is getting annoying becuse of this... on the sammy the popups where a lot quicker so it wasnt that annoying but on the benQ drive it is annoying trust me.

its like this 12x benQ firmware isnt really 12x more like 8x or 9x

we really need C4eva to look into the codeing of the benQ firmware and release a 1.42 Speed FIX version.

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

Has anyone looked at tweaking the Laser, it sound like it could borderline.....

Khtulu

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(MMaster23 @ Apr 29 2008, 10:02 AM) View Post

nm .. got 1.1 rev2 off of xbins .. still having the same issues...
Is there any other BenQ firmware except iXtreme?

ps... the readme lists "Disc-Jitter" in the 1.1 rev2 fw .. so there is no iXtreme without jitter

did you try the correct version???  The readme.txt does not indicate "disc-Jitter"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C4EVA_iXTRM-Benq V1.1 rev2

Media Stealth, Disc-Jitter,Xbox 360 backup firmware modification!

Features
-----------------

(v1.1 rev2) Fixed 'quiet' version.
(v1.1)  Extra compatability for some DVD movies
(v1.0)  Defeats all current Xbox Live detection attempts
(v1.0)   Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 360 backups
(v1.0)   Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 1 backups
(v1.0)   Boots all Xbox 360 originals
(v1.0)   Boots all compatible Xbox 1 originals on Xbox 360

kreeeee

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »

BENQ with 12X 1.41 fw:

GTA4: backups load very slow with lots of popup

The same disc and 360 with an ancient MS28 spoofed to BENQ loads more than twice as fast at the start of GTA4. This is with verbatim DL's burnt at 2.4x verified no errors.

Khtulu

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »

I am of the opinion that this needs to be looked at.  It is clearly just an issue with the Benq.  Is there anyway of finding out whether C4EVA might look at this for us?

Obviously we can't make C4EVA address this, but it would be good to get their take on it.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Khtulu @ May 2 2008, 11:53 PM) View Post

did you try the correct version???  The readme.txt does not indicate "disc-Jitter"
C4EVA_iXTRM-Benq V1.1 rev2
Media Stealth, Disc-Jitter,Xbox 360 backup firmware modification!
Features
-----------------

(v1.1 rev2) Fixed 'quiet' version.
(v1.1)  Extra compatability for some DVD movies
(v1.0)  Defeats all current Xbox Live detection attempts
(v1.0)   Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 360 backups
(v1.0)   Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 1 backups
(v1.0)   Boots all Xbox 360 originals
(v1.0)   Boots all compatible Xbox 1 originals on Xbox 360

i gues you didnt read the readme, as its the second word in the readme. Disc-Jitter was introduced in Xtreme 5.4 i beleive, and all iXtreme versions include it

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »

I know there have been people claiming issues with BenQ drives and backups since they were first moddable.  I personally have no problems running backups at 5x, but then I know others who definitely have issues at all speeds.  I don't know if it's the laser, the burner, the media (I doubt it, since enough people have learned by now to use Verbatim MIS) or what it could be.  I do know that my MS28 is a champ that reads anything I throw at it.

Sorry for all you guys having issues.

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

As I said in 2 other threads I experience the same popups in GTA4 with an UNMODIFIED BenQ. It worked hard the last months while playing movies from DVD+R so I thought the laser might be on it's way out. Tweaked it by 400 Ohm which is alot but still popups.
So as the warranty is void anyway I flashed the BenQ with iX1.4.1 and the popups are horrible now. They were bad before like a building poping up 3-4 secs after I crashed in it but now it's more like 10 secs even with the original disc. There's definately something firmware related going on...

alcatone

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

I was thinking about updating the firmware to ixtreme 1.4.1 because of the load times. I have mine set to 12x and currently using v1.4. Does this upgrade actually fix load times for games. I saw that it fixes the downspeed into XMC for 8x. But does it really help in loading games? Would it be worth upgrading to ix 1.4.1?

Plug

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

Replaced the clicking laser in my Sammy drive thismorning
and lubed the cogs ect ect

i have been testing 2 games that do live data streaming.

Mass Effect & GTA4

The benQ i have in my xbox360 in these 2 games the popups and background loading times where really really crap.

where as now that i have replaced my sammy the popups and backgrounds are pritty much instant.

this is with Ixtreme 4.1 and 4.0 12x Stealthed.

--------------------------------------

There really is something wrong with the benQ drives when it comes to reading backups and it is nothing at all to do with how reflective disks are.

i did a few comparisons between my Original GTA4 and backup on the sammy and benQ and the sammy is no diffrent that the original i have where as the benQ is totaly pooped.

i also did sound testing for disk speedups.

on the sammy i can really tell the disk spinning up to highgear

but on the benQ its like its 1 speed below what it should be on high speedup...
hard to explain but if you have both drives you should know what i mean.

-------------------------------------------

my best oppinion is ditch your benQs and get some sammy goodness.

userann0n

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »

Setup:
Falcon XBOX 360 Premium
Harddrive
BENQ/iXtreme 1.41 X8 Speed
Verbatim+R DL
HDMI/LCD TV 1080P
GTA IV Original
GTA IV Backup

The backup showed heavy signs of pop-in, roads disappearing, radio stations not appearing at top of screen,  floor textures, building textures, items on side of the roads. I figured that it is still playable. After about an hour of play through the story, the pop-in was less frequent. Now its nearly non-existent. Again, this is an hour of storyline rather than just driving around.

What I have noticed is at first, the game was constantly making loud loading sounds. Now it is pretty quite when I play the backup. Very playable. Maybe it loads to the hard drive the longer you play, I don't know.

Hope this helps anyone.
user (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

SonyPete

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »

Userann0n you explained how the backup played but forgot to explain your results from playing the original.  uhh.gif

Let us know, also cut the hardrive variable out so it will be easier to pin point the issue, thanks.

alcatone

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

I have a Benq with ixv1.4. My original copy of course works flawless. When I put in the backup, I really do not see any popups (if there are it is really rare). Any GTA game that I have played seems to have this problem. This is the first console that I have modded to play backups of my originals. I know when I played GTA with my PS2, it was horrible. Maybe if this is a drive issue C4EVA will make a new firmware that addresses the load time for the Benq (if that is even possible since it already runs 12x). Could it be a dirty lens? Have you tried different speeds?

Khtulu

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(alcatone @ May 4 2008, 08:51 AM) View Post

I have a Benq with ixv1.4. My original copy of course works flawless. When I put in the backup, I really do not see any popups (if there are it is really rare). Any GTA game that I have played seems to have this problem. This is the first console that I have modded to play backups of my originals. I know when I played GTA with my PS2, it was horrible. Maybe if this is a drive issue C4EVA will make a new firmware that addresses the load time for the Benq (if that is even possible since it already runs 12x). Could it be a dirty lens? Have you tried different speeds?

To clarify do you have firmware 1.4 or 1.41?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9