xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Benq Very Slow Loading Backups  (Read 1008 times)

Far3nhe1t

• Archived User
Benq Very Slow Loading Backups
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(bennybullfrog @ Jul 6 2008, 05:28 AM) View Post

Well the funny thing is, I only have one hdd and it was previously used with my MS28 on another box so had already been used while loading Assassin's Creed, Test Drive and GTAIV.
I initially didn't have the Assassin's Creed or Test Drive Unlimited problems. I still had the GTAIV issues though, which is why I cleared the cache as someone suggested. After clearing the cache I had all the reported Benq issues. I put the HDD back on my box with the MS28 and loaded Test Drive and Assassin's Creed hoping that it would cache some stuff and be ok when I put it back on the Benq box, but it didn't help.

With the MS28 in the box Assassin's Creed and Test Drive load quickly whether there is a HDD connected or not.

It's a strange one indeed. Is it possible that the Benq is not really reading backups at 12x or 8x even if that's what the fw is telling it to do?

I can a test that this works. I did all that plus plaed on composite cables and everything is working pretty great right now. I think it was mostly my hdmi. The BenQ cant keep up.

Far3nhe1t

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(HeXDeMoN @ Jul 6 2008, 06:10 PM) View Post

For you people with benq experiencing slow loading try this. Goto you console settings --> Startup --> select disc. Now make sure you have you gta4 or whatever in the drive. Turn off and on the console so it starts right into the game. Loading times should be faster that way but the pop in wont be fixed till after you played the game for awhile and game data gets cached.

I can a test that this works. I did all that plus plaed on composite cables and everything is working pretty great right now. I think it was mostly my hdmi. The BenQ cant keep up.

ert13

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »

I also had the popup problem. Sometime it get so bad that the game is unplayable. I have a arcade with benq flashed with FW 1.41 8x.

Here is what i did to improve the texture loading problem.

I have disabled the ingame music so that the console doesn't have to steam music from the dvd aswell, since it is allready having trouble streaming textures.

After i did this the popup problem is a bit better. its not completely gone but the game is not unplayable anymore.

How to disable the ingame music: Popin a usb drive or sometime, press the guide button and play your music from there. what i did is i just copied one song onto my flashdrive, then i played the song and then paused it, ,coz i dont wanna listen to the same music the whole time, and play gta without any music/radio stations. this will disable the ingame music

Also, i noticed that sometimes when you drive over a bridge from one island to another the textures get messed up pretty bad when u get to the other side. If this happens all i do is press the start button to pause the game, you can hear the drive reading all the textures while the game is paused, wait for like 5-10 seconds or so, then press the start button again to unpause an play further. u can even keep it paused until the drive reading sounds have gone then all the textures for that part of the game have finished loading, and then unpause and play further.

let me know if this helps with the popup problem

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

That is an interesting comment about the HDMI/composite.  I haven't hooked up my HDMI yet (composite looks just fine to me).  It would surprise me if the 360 actually reads more data from disc when you're using HDMI.  Seems like it would be loading the same textures either way and the rendering is just a function of the CPU/GPU.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Jul 9 2008, 10:48 PM) View Post

That is an interesting comment about the HDMI/composite.  I haven't hooked up my HDMI yet (composite looks just fine to me).  It would surprise me if the 360 actually reads more data from disc when you're using HDMI.  Seems like it would be loading the same textures either way and the rendering is just a function of the CPU/GPU.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  My friend uses HDMI and gave me his box to make sure his BenQ was flashed at 12x...it was though I used composite AND an after market cable connected to my projector and GTA was still awful

redsrule2500

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »

Wow.  I can't believe I found this thread.  I'm having the same problems with my console.

Xbox 360 Arcade w/ 20GB HDD
Falcon Chip w/ Heatsink
BenQ iXtreme 1.41 firmware
GTA IV

The GTA IV backup takes forever to load (6-7 cartoon screens!!) and normally would take 3.  Then, while playing, I run into walls and bulidings that aren't even rendered yet!  I once saw an entire gazeebo, wall, fence, and floor pop out of nowhere after sitting still for 10 seconds.  PATHETIC!

MLB 2k8 also has terrible times loading music and replays and often glitches out whereas the normal drive wouldn't do this.  WOW.

And to think I was LOOKING FOR a BenQ drive.  Perfect.   sad.gif

martin.ca

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

So I got a new 360 with Benq drive last week. Immediately flashed it with iXtreme and noticed the slow loading/poor reading problem in GTAIV. Didn't touch it since.

Today I replaced the drive with a new MS28, and all problems are solved completely. No more additional loading screen and texture/model pop-in in GTAIV. Backups also read much better, faster, and silent now, with no struggling noise when reading that Benq has.

Overall, MS28 makes me feel like I'm playing the perfect original.  smile.gif

Benq is a not a good DVD drive.

redsrule2500

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(martin.ca @ Jul 10 2008, 09:38 PM) View Post

So I got a new 360 with Benq drive last week. Immediately flashed it with iXtreme and noticed the slow loading/poor reading problem in GTAIV. Didn't touch it since.

Today I replaced the drive with a new MS28, and all problems are solved completely. No more additional loading screen and texture/model pop-in in GTAIV. Backups also read much better, faster, and silent now, with no struggling noise when reading that Benq has.

Overall, MS28 makes me feel like I'm playing the perfect original.  smile.gif

Benq is a not a good DVD drive.

Is that the best drive to get?? Was the process easy?  If I flashed the original is swapping out a drive a lot harder or about the same?

Thanks, I might end up doing this once I can't stand these load times any longer!!  ph34r.gif

redsrule2500

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(martin.ca @ Jul 11 2008, 12:19 AM) View Post

The process is easy. Just follow the steps in this topic: Spoofing Ms28 As Benq

Thanks.  What's weird though....my Gears of War backup seems to read faster than my original when you are waiting to respawn after dying.  What's that about?! So random.

jedimaca

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has a benq with a nme v2 modchip installed are the load times the same or better.I know the games have to be converted differently than iextreme to work with nme v2 was just wondering if this made a difference?

Delsorbo

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »

i have a benQ drive and i just had mine flashed on the weekend.  gtaIV worked like a charm. last night i went and tested out 5 other games (including assassin's creed which did not work) and ever since then the game has been super sucky. not sure why sad.gif

Delsorbo

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »

well after playing the game a bit more it seems to load a lot better .. i guess it had to recache everything again?  havn't tried playing assassin's creed yet though

zzleezz

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

Swapped my Liteon equiped 360 for one with a nice Benq, or so I thought. Drive really struggles with loading times compared to original media.

Read the whole thread, only one person said they had tried pot tweaking but with no good result. Anyone else tried this?

Have a 78fk hitachi for a rrod 360 laying about here, might put that in if the loading times get in the way of the gameplay (they dont in rock band, just a slight annoyance)

Ideally would like to stick with Benq though.

Helios150

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

Does the 1.5 firmware solve slow loading of backups on the BENQ? Please only reply if you actually had the problem before and have compared load times in backups vs retail.

gymguy

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

Benq ixtreme 1.5 still has texture popup problems in gta 4 but on a positive note assissins creed is ok now.
I have texture problems in gta 4 pretty bad ,saints row 1,2 not as bad, and a couple movies in random games are choppy (pure, kane and lynch). All games play fine on my sammy ms 28 and hitachi v59
Backups made from mis verbs, xbc and img burn. I think its the hardware itself, benq must just be shit drives as far as reading backups. Oh well i guess ill get my hands on a liteon and spoof it as others say liteons are great smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9