xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms-28 Bricked?  (Read 45 times)

gatorayde

• Archived User
Ms-28 Bricked?
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

Soo, I got lazy and instead of "mtkflashing" and patching the bios in windows, I tried to do it in one swoop with the "samread/hack" commands on my ms-28 with the latest ixreme 1.3....

Well, the samread froze at one point and it flashed a 0K bios to my ms-28, and it will not eject or the laser will not move or do anything.

I've got a 6421 pci card and have flashed 30+ drives (ms 28's) with no isues at all, and cannot figure out how to "unbrick" this ms-28. My soldering skills are very good (not to brag) and I know my soldering is not the problem with the vcc trick I tried. I've tried 1,2,3,4,5, etc seconds with the vcc and badflash method and nothing will let me erase or flash or read the firmware off this drive.

and yes, literally a few seconds before it flashed it with the 0K firmware, it read the firmware perfectly to my USB drive, ever since it has become a "coma" drive.

Before I toss this one at the wall, anybody got any ideas on what to do, or any tips for the vcc trick because I can't get it to recognize at all.

Calling all ms-28 reviver's to this one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

gatorayde

• Archived User
Ms-28 Bricked?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

bump, still nothing working to erase or flash the drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Ranger72

• Archived User
Ms-28 Bricked?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »

If you have a good backup of your original firmware you can replace the drive if need be. Open your original firmware with Firmware Toolbox 4.5 and check to make sure you have a good drive key.

gatorayde

• Archived User
Ms-28 Bricked?
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »

It is, the original firmware was used to make xtreme 5.3, now I wanted to flash to ixtreme but this is where I ran into problems  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)