xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi Dvd Drive Question  (Read 48 times)

korn00

• Archived User
Hitachi Dvd Drive Question
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

Hey guys - Hope someone can provide some insight here.

I have a hitachi 78fk drive that recently died.  Can I get a Samsung ms25 drive and spoof it with Toolbox as a hitachi 78fk drive?  The real question is will any xbox 360 motherboard accept any brand (Samsung/Hitachi/Benq) drive as long as it is spoofed?  Also will I be able to flash the samsung drive with FWToolbox 4.5 as you can with the Hitachi 78FK drive?

Sorry for all the Q's.  Just trying to find out all my options so I can replace this broken drive.

Thanks!

Xboxologist

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »

Yes, as long as you have the drive key from your original drive, you can spoof any new drive to work with your Xbox.

I don't think the Samsung drives can be flashed with FWToolBox, but I might be wrong. I haven't done a Samsung drive in a while, but whenever I did, it was done in Dos with MTKFlash... I think there are other Dos tools out for it now as well.

Just follow the flashing steps in this tutorial: http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/details/id=61.html

waddock

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »

sorry for hi jacking thread but.....

I have a Hitachi 0078FK drive as well   muhaha.gif  ... The problem is it has broken before I have ever backed up the firmware as a result I now do not have the Key to insert into the new drive's firmware.

Is there any way I can recover this from a broken drive or directly from the XBOX 360?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.

Waddock

Carlitosbaby

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(waddock @ Nov 16 2007, 07:14 AM) *

sorry for hi jacking thread but.....

I have a Hitachi 0078FK drive as well   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)  ... The problem is it has broken before I have ever backed up the firmware as a result I now do not have the Key to insert into the new drive's firmware.

Is there any way I can recover this from a broken drive or directly from the XBOX 360?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.

Waddock

yes need a programmer