xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq Flashing Problems? Read Here...  (Read 39 times)

Phantasm

• Archived User
Benq Flashing Problems? Read Here...
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

Ok, I ran into every problem flashing my BenQ.  While there are many different tutorials out there all of them are
different & non of them cover the problems I ran into.  After being called a NooB (I was so hurt by that), I
got some great help by some guys on this & other message boards.  Here are a few troubleshooting tips:

-Some USB flash drives are not bootable.  Even if you format them with the HP tool & add the files, there is
a chance the PC will not see it.  If this happens, try another flash drive.

-If you turn your XBox on when you boot, the computer locks up.  Some configurations of hardware will lock up
if they see your XBox's SATA drive.  To avoid this problem, turn the XBox on just before you enter the DOSFLASH command.

-Dosflash locks up or you get the dosflash help screen after entering the command.  You are most likely using DOSFLASH 1.2, which

will not work with the BenQ.  Get Dosflash 1.3.

-Backed up games are read as "Mixed Media Disc" by the 360.  This is a tricky one.  I ended up getting IMGBURN 5.something & manually

the layer break to 1913760 in the setup box.  Burn it at 2.4x speed.  Use DVD +R DL for the backup.  I ended up getting a 5 pack

of Memorex from Microcenter for $13 & they work flawlessly.

Hope this will help some of you guys. (read: not noobs)

Shazman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

Hi Phantasm,

Thanks for the heads up. I have already been got the usb drive not booting. I have done both Hitachi & Sammy drives. For the Sammy ones I used the sata pci card. Can't remember the name of it.

My question is, Is it possible to flash the Benq drive without any hardware mods on drive, such as solidering and cutting traces. Is their a 100% software based method.

Thanks,

Shaz

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shazman @ Nov 14 2007, 01:55 PM) *
My question is, Is it possible to flash the Benq drive without any hardware mods on drive, such as solidering and cutting traces. Is their a 100% software based method.

Yes - a little bit of reading and searching would have found that out...

Caster.

cofree

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

"My question is, Is it possible to flash the Benq drive without any hardware mods on drive, such as solidering and cutting traces. Is their a 100% software based method."

yes you can
you can get the tools you need here.

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/view...p?f=63&t=17

This post has been edited by cofree: Nov 14 2007, 09:51 PM