xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: iXtreme firmware 1.3 for TS-H943 Xbox 360  (Read 1162 times)

woody98

• Archived User
iXtreme firmware 1.3 for TS-H943 Xbox 360
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2007, 02:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(SwivZero @ Nov 17 2007, 05:06 AM) *

As far as anyone knows, it shouldn't make a difference.  The stock drives are 12X though if you want to play it safe.

The only people getting banned currently are the ones that M$ decided not to ban last time but they have been identified, or people who are still using an out-dated firmware (pre-iXtreme 1.2).

And if ur lucky enough to have a BenQ or Samsung which has the Multispeed choice u'd be STUPID to use a 12x, try 8x for quieter, cooler, but 4% longer loading, or the 5x for silent, cool, but 10% longer loading. Also ur drive will live longer, and ur console will also be less likely to over heat, get RROD.

Oh and M$ can't detect drive read speeds, so don't worry.

exclusive187

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »

Did anyone encounter any problems flashing from Ixtreme 1.2 to 1.3?
im using the ms28 drive.

I used the latest version of iprep and the 8x ixtreme 1.3 firmwire from xbins.

After succesfully dumping the firmwire to the USB stick using the command dsam XXXX,
it tell you to reboot, which i did.

When i type the flash command (fsam XXX) it tells me the following :
Sam-CFW.bin for 360: XXXXXXX XXXXX doesn't exist - aborting!

I didnt mess with the files on the USB stick so it couln't be my fault right?
I tried the same with the older version of iprep but with the same results ( hacked.bin doesn't exist-aborting) something like that.I also tried changing the key for SAM-CFW.bin but that doesnt help either.

I did not have this problem when i flashed to ixtreme 1.2,i did it the exact same way.it just doesnt seem to flash.

can anyone help me with this problem? I cant seem to figure it out sad.gif

Thank you so much in advance!

Greetz  pop.gif

nwbees

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(woody98 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:30 AM) View Post

The only people getting banned currently are the ones that M$ decided not to ban last time but they have been identified, or people who are still using an out-dated firmware (pre-iXtreme 1.2).

And if ur lucky enough to have a BenQ or Samsung which has the Multispeed choice u'd be STUPID to use a 12x, try 8x for quieter, cooler, but 4% longer loading, or the 5x for silent, cool, but 10% longer loading. Also ur drive will live longer, and ur console will also be less likely to over heat, get RROD.

Oh and M$ can't detect drive read speeds, so don't worry.

I have tried 5x, 8x, and 12x.  Here is the honest result,  both the 5x and 8x give me dde or dirty disc error; however, after trying the 12x, the dde disappear.  When using the 12x, I just need to boot game from dashboard instead from disc.  You need to see the dashboard then eject the tray and insert the game and you will never ever get the dde ever again.  To be honest, if anyone follow the above post is the stupid one.

woody98

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2007, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(nwbees @ Nov 25 2007, 05:13 AM) View Post

I have tried 5x, 8x, and 12x.  Here is the honest result,  both the 5x and 8x give me dde or dirty disc error; however, after trying the 12x, the dde disappear.  When using the 12x, I just need to boot game from dashboard instead from disc.  You need to see the dashboard then eject the tray and insert the game and you will never ever get the dde ever again.  To be honest, if anyone follow the above post is the stupid one.

I've had 12x, flashed to 5x which is my preffered speed, and I've never heard any 360 as quiet, and after playing 4 hours with The Orange Box (Half Life 2) I ejected the disc and it was slightly warm to the touch, unlike with 12x where it got HOT as a bitch only after 1 hour, not to mention I got 5 RRODs (recovered after 360 cooling off). No RRODs so far with 5x. I'm thankful for C4EVA for making the 5x!

The dirty disc error that ur getting when using 5/ 8x is most likely from a weak laser, so that's a heads up. Oh and if u think using 12x isn't stupid then good luck with RRODs and money soon to be wasted =D

Pacman

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

caster420:

Background: My 360 (April 2006) came with a 47DH Hitachi, and I replaced it with a Samsung MS25.  I've been using Samtool to copy over my Hitachi drivekey only (no spoofing), and using my Samsung as an MS28 drive.  I've never had problems with E66 errors.

Problem: I think the latest version of Firmtool doesn't work properly when orig.bin is taken from a Hitachi drive.  When the resulting Samsung f/w is examined with Firmware Toolbox 4.5, the key only has F's and there's crap characters to the right of Hitachi-GDR3120L-0047 NOT the [iXTREME1.3C] that should be there instead.  This bug should be fixed asap.

Seeing that I don't need to spoof my Samsung f/w, just using FWTB to inject my Hitachi drivekey should be enough, right?  Or, I could just continue using good ol' Samtool, as before, with newer versions of iX.

Thanx for all your work.

stormlight

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »

Just a dumb question.. What's the advantage of using iPrep instead of good old Xtreme Bootmaker? I always used Xtreme Bootmaker so far, works like a charm whether it was xtreme 5.3, ixtreme 1.2 or 1.3, imo it's easier to use than iPrep etc but what's better with iPrep?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(stormlight @ Nov 28 2007, 11:06 AM) View Post

Just a dumb question.. What's the advantage of using iPrep instead of good old Xtreme Bootmaker? I always used Xtreme Bootmaker so far, works like a charm whether it was xtreme 5.3, ixtreme 1.2 or 1.3, imo it's easier to use than iPrep etc but what's better with iPrep?

There is no difference - they both create an MTKFlash.exe according to your SATA ID and port, as well as batch files.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yankee427

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(stormlight @ Nov 28 2007, 12:06 PM) *

Yeah, I used iPrep to edit my mtkflash for use in my VIA 6421 card.  You just load the firmware file, state which sata chipset you have, and then click prepare destination and it will create a bootable floppy or usb device.  Its really just preference and which one you are comfortable using.

I used iPrep fine along with the 8x firmware.  I swapped out an ms-25 drive that was broken for a ms-28 drive that is now flashed and working fine.  Im glad I got this working now.  For some reason with the dsam and fsam commands I was getting confused.  The naming convention difference in the batch files had me thinking there was something majorly different between the old and new iPrep versions.  Then when I finally booted it up and after some research I finally realized everything was the same just the commands were different now.

The bad flash method worked fine for me with the ms-28 with about a 7 second wait.

The hardest part was remembering how to take apart the case and then actually taking apart the case without breaking anything.  That took about 40 minutes to do since I didnt have exactly the right tools.

This post has been edited by Yankee427: Nov 28 2007, 08:37 PM

fits79

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

If you have any pci sata card with via or nforce chipset for flashing(from dos) any xbox360 drive it must boot it some drives for the pci sata card or it doesn't need any drives for dos???

A lot of thanks.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(fits79 @ Nov 29 2007, 10:51 AM) View Post

If you have any pci sata card with via or nforce chipset for flashing(from dos) any xbox360 drive it must boot it some drives for the pci sata card or it doesn't need any drives for dos???

A lot of thanks.

Sorry, I didn't understand the question.

I think you're asking about drivers for your SATA card. The short answer is that drivers are not needed in this mode. MTKFlash knows how to 'talk' to your card because you configured it using either a Hex editor, iPrep or Xtreme boot maker.

Martin

fits79

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »

Sinply i ask:

1. If it need (dos)drivers any pci sata card with via(6420 or 6421) or nforce chipset to flash the xbox360 drives(benq, samsung, hitachi) on ms-dos with mtkflash or doslash16 1.4beta programms.

And

2. If i have any other onboard sata or ide atapi controller like intel ich5 i must disable it for a success flash procedure with pci sata card or i may leave enabled any onboard controllers(Ide atapi or sata)

A lot of thanks.

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(fits79 @ Nov 29 2007, 04:41 PM) *

Sinply i ask:

1. If it need (dos)drivers any pci sata card with via(6420 or 6421) or nforce chipset to flash the xbox360 drives(benq, samsung, hitachi) on ms-dos with mtkflash or doslash16 1.4beta programms.

And

2. If i have any other onboard sata or ide atapi controller like intel ich5 i must disable it for a success flash procedure with pci sata card or i may leave enabled any onboard controllers(Ide atapi or sata)

A lot of thanks.

1: no
2: no (unless it won;t work, then try with disabling the onboard controllers)

And start trying instead of asking stupid questions which are answered in MANY tutorials!!!!!

DEEZNUTZZ

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Nov 17 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post

If you played RECENT games (GoW or anything after), or updated your dash any time after GoW came out, and then played unstealthed games

then the dash recorded permanent ban info onto your 360 CIRCUITBOARD, not the hard drive. (You can't erase it.)

In which case you would be banned, you can't do anything about it, and you screwed yourself and shoulda done your research.

Otherwise you're probably fine.

If this is the case, am I just waiting to be banned one day for unstealthed games played offline months ago on Xtreme 4.2 fw?  Right now the iXtreme 1.3 is working like a charm on XBOX Live except for the occasional DD errors.

cableguy696969

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

My x360 drive sounds like it is whistling when theres a burn disc in there. Currently have 1.2c. Wuld updating to 1.3 fix this issue by any chance?

cableguy696969

• Archived User
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »

Well apparently 1.3 fixed any problems I ever had. Fixed screeching noises plus disc reading errors.

pop.gif
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]