xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Certain Games Won't Work.  (Read 42 times)

XmdawgX

• Archived User
Certain Games Won't Work.
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

Ok, so i flashed my drive about a year ago i believe.  Not exactly sure what version of firmware is on there, but its a Samsung drive.

I recently burned two backup games, F.E.A.R Files, and Medal of Honor: Airborne.

For some reason neither of these games work.  I haven't exactly identified the problem yet.  

I was thinking about Pot Tweaking, but then i realized that other games on the same exact media, burned with the same burner, work fine.

All it does on these two games, is start up and then says Open Tray on the dashboard.

I know Medal of Honor: Airborne worked in my friend's xbox, which has a hitachi drive.

So i figured what i should do is either update the firmware, or pot tweak.

Anyone have any idea?

carton132

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

What drive and software did you use to back them up?

XmdawgX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(carton132 @ Nov 8 2007, 04:49 PM) *

What drive and software did you use to back them up?

Well they're uhm... Downloaded, but i wasnt about to just say that here.

Stealth patched.  I managed to get it to boot a few times. No idea how.  Then i updated my firmware to iXtreme, but now 2 of my old games dont work because they're not stealth patched.  Seems i made a mistake, i also managed to screw up and lose the original firmware and Im having problems redumping the firmware. MTKFLASH freezes after chosing a drive from the list.

I want to go back to Xtreme firmware and load the non-stealth patched games, since i do not play on live anyway and it is not a concern to me.

EDIT: Let me guess, this is because of firmguard, isnt it?

This post has been edited by XmdawgX: Nov 8 2007, 11:10 PM

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(XmdawgX @ Nov 8 2007, 05:00 PM) *

Well they're uhm... Downloaded, but i wasnt about to just say that here.

Be advised that we strictly enforce X-S rules against piracy (and/or downloaded material).

thread closed,
-soso

QUOTE(From the Rules @ Jan 23 2007)

Some of the Zero Tolerance Ban issues.. expanded and explained:
Posts, Avatars, Signatures, and Threads that will earn (guarantee) the user a BAN on their account includes:
  • Posting/Requesting/Offering direct or indirect links to Xbox Game Roms/Backups (on media, including Hard drives or burned media, RAR or Zip File, for download or for sale), MS Dashboard Files, and any kind of (direct, indirect, or Kazaa or Torrent type) link to Xbox XDK/Sony SDK Produced Homebrew
  • Asking for help with downloaded or rented game backups. This site is not here to help people with their warez, regardless of how they have acquired them.
  • …
    WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
    Any Talk of downloading games from the internet, newsgroups or any other illegal source. Any talk of downloading SS (copyright ) from the same. Don't spout the old crap I own the game so I can legally download. NO You can not and more to the point don't discuss downloads here, if you wish to keep your account