xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: F79 Flash Success But Won't Play Backups  (Read 43 times)

ahno

• Archived User
F79 Flash Success But Won't Play Backups
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

Just flashed a Hitachi using toolbox450. Everything seem to go smoothly but it won't any backups that probably patched. One thing I noticed is the checksum for hacked firmware show all 0s? is that normal? Not sure if I should reflash with the same patch ixtreme firmware or start over again? Since it play originals, I don't know if toolbox flashed back the original firmware or the improperly patched firmware. Is any way to find out what firmware is on the driver right now?  any suggestion is greatly appreciated. TIA

Skyzo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

Your fw checksum shouldn't be 0's after the initial raw dump. I think it only shows 0's for the patched/final.bin fw (for my case). Try to re-dump the fw to see if it was flashed sucessfully (ixtreme, etc). If everything turns out ok, remove the passkey and the backups should work.

ahno

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

1. The checksum for original dump is not all 0, the patched one is.
2. Would toolbox tell me if the second dump is patched? if not what other tool should I use?
3. According to Maximus, the passkey can be left in place. Well intent to take it out but not after everything is checked out. Do you think that leaving it in might have cause the  drive not to read backups?

*I would also like to add that backups will either show "unreadable" or "open tray" so it may have something to do with the drive not fully assembled which causing the magnet on the spindle not catching the disc? By the way, this is a brand new arcade system so the change of getting a bad drive is pretty slim.

Carlitosbaby

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(ahno @ Nov 3 2007, 01:08 PM) *

1. The checksum for original dump is not all 0, the patched one is.
2. Would toolbox tell me if the second dump is patched? if not what other tool should I use?
3. According to Maximus, the passkey can be left in place. Well intent to take it out but not after everything is checked out. Do you think that leaving it in might have cause the  drive not to read backups?

*I would also like to add that backups will either show "unreadable" or "open tray" so it may have something to do with the drive not fully assembled which causing the magnet on the spindle not catching the disc? By the way, this is a brand new arcade system so the change of getting a bad drive is pretty slim.

well I know from experience that on a few drives backups didnt work until I took passkey off.

ahno

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

Removed the passkey and all is well now. Thanks guys.