xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 79fl  (Read 57 times)

XxSeiFeRxX

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

About a year ago, I bought a 360 and it came with the Hitachi 47DJ. Yesterday the xbox crapped out and gave me the red ring of death. Today I went out and bought another 360 and opened it up to find out it was a Hitachi 79FL. From what I read, it is a real pain to flash.?

My question is: Is it possible to use my original hitachi 47DJ drive in the new xbox? Do I need to do anything special?

Also, if not, what is the best way to flash the Hitachi 79FL.

Thanks

ochentay4

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(XxSeiFeRxX @ Nov 1 2007, 09:24 PM) *

About a year ago, I bought a 360 and it came with the Hitachi 47DJ. Yesterday the xbox crapped out and gave me the red ring of death. Today I went out and bought another 360 and opened it up to find out it was a Hitachi 79FL. From what I read, it is a real pain to flash.?

My question is: Is it possible to use my original hitachi 47DJ drive in the new xbox? Do I need to do anything special?

Also, if not, what is the best way to flash the Hitachi 79FL.

Thanks

You need a MAXIMUS PASSKEY, then solder it to the dvddrive board (extremely difficult) and then flash it with toolbox 4.5. Thats the only way with Hitachi 79...
You cant use your old drive until you get your new hitachi 79 key. But it would be silly because if you can get the key, you can flash it.

RCP__90

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:00 PM »

I'm in the exact situation.  Hitachi 47 to Hitachi 79fl  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

just wonder which is easier:  using 30 awg kynar wire for the maximus passkey, or using the cable thingy.

TechNoApe2k7

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(ochentay4 @ Nov 2 2007, 12:51 AM) *

You need a MAXIMUS PASSKEY, then solder it to the dvddrive board (extremely difficult) and then flash it with toolbox 4.5. Thats the only way with Hitachi 79...
You cant use your old drive until you get your new hitachi 79 key. But it would be silly because if you can get the key, you can flash it.

I agree. However getting the drive key is one thing, correctly flashing the 79fk/fl is another.

If you get the drive key, and try to inject it into an older Hitachi and it doesn't work then you haven't soldered the passkey correctly because your drivekey is wrong. That being the case then the odds are that if you had tried to flash your 79fk/fl instead then you'd have a bricked 79fk/fl without having the correct drivekey = major problems.

So which way do you go  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Both will work if done correctly - Me, well I'd go down the road of get the passkey and then try it on an older drive 1st - if that works then keep your 79 one side and use the older one.

QUOTE(RCP__90 @ Nov 2 2007, 05:27 AM) *

I'm in the exact situation.  Hitachi 47 to Hitachi 79fl  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

just wonder which is easier:  using 30 awg kynar wire for the maximus passkey, or using the cable thingy.

Use the FCC connector and the flat ribbon cable  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

XxSeiFeRxX

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

Does anyone know if all the new 360's will come with a hitachi 79? Are samsungs still being made even in the newer models?

indycent

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

I had the same problem, so i returned the arcade box I had and picked up a premium box that came with a benq.
I believe most of the premium boxes have benq drive.

catatronix

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(XxSeiFeRxX @ Nov 2 2007, 05:03 PM) *

Does anyone know if all the new 360's will come with a hitachi 79? Are samsungs still being made even in the newer models?

GameStop will give you a 360 with samsung, they are loaded with those systems.....Oh! well now is the holiday season, I don't know how lucky you will be....give them a try.....