xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AnyDVD Bypasses Latest AACS Protection  (Read 190 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
AnyDVD Bypasses Latest AACS Protection
« on: October 30, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | October 30 16:07 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From cdrinfo.com:

Slysoft Inc released a new version of its AnyDVD software, which is claimed to bypass the 4th generation HD DVD and Blu-Ray copy protection (MKB v4), found in latest high-def movie releases.

The latest build is capable to process the Blu-Ray movies which include the 4th generation media key block (MKB), according to Slysoft. The MKB v4 was recently released by the AACS LA and it is an updated version of the special code placed on the Blu-ray media that is essential for the authentication and thus the reproduction of Blu-ray movies on updated Blu-Ray players. Movies that feature the new MKB keys include the U.S. versions of the "Transformers" HD DVD, and "Spiderman 1-3" Blu-ray. Slysoft said that it would support all MKBv4 discs in a future release of the software.

"SlySoft was recently honored by AACS-LA, being declared as public enemy number one in the ongoing battle for copyright protection. To prove them right and to take on the challenge, SlySoft has just released the latest AnyDVD version which beats the latest 4th generation HD-DVD and Blu-Ray copy protection MKBv4, which was expected to be unbreakable," the company said in a statement.

Slysoft also said that it is ready to defeat the upcoming BD+ feature of the Blu-ray titles.
"All that AACS-LA has to offer now is BD+, but even that is on the verge of being circumvented and a release is expected by the end of this year," said Slysoft.

Full Story: cdrinfo.com

rwk71

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

....if you build it......they will break it.........
one more for the good guys................

TechNoApe2k7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

This is a great piece of software.

I purchased a licence key for it some time back now and as such have lifetime updates!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

From a coder to a coder - congrats on such a great app - keep up the good work Island Thunder!!

Shame Island Thunder couldn't pay closer attention to the 360 scene and bring that kind of magic to bare against m & $ (thought buy now they pay attention to however you type it!!)

buster1395

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

What exactly do I need to purchase for making backups of HD DVD?  A regular dvd burner won't work right?

TechNoApe2k7

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(buster1395 @ Oct 30 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post

What exactly do I need to purchase for making backups of HD DVD?  A regular dvd burner won't work right?

So far I've only seen the Pioneer BDC-202 (OEM) and BDC-S02 (Retail) Blue-ray Reader and DVD Multi re-writer as being available at an affordable price. Both are well under £150.00

Still waiting for an affordable HD-DVD combo myself.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

My question is; Does Slysoft run the AACS or does the AACS run Slysoft?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by DMAddict: Oct 30 2007, 11:02 PM

Acer1985

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(TechNoApe2k7 @ Oct 30 2007, 06:00 PM) View Post

So far I've only seen the Pioneer BDC-202 (OEM) and BDC-S02 (Retail) Blue-ray Reader and DVD Multi re-writer as being available at an affordable price. Both are well under £150.00

Still waiting for an affordable HD-DVD combo myself.

LOL

Andronicus

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

Give up.  You are just wasting your money with all the new security.  You will never sucseed in lock out the hackers/crackers.  It is pointless.

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »

It kind of makes you wonder why they try to copy protect it in the first place, lol.  The only positive thing for them is that your average Joe wont be able to copy it. But then again it isn't your average Joe that would have the hardware to copy it in the first place. Which leads you right back to the begining, why bother?

MaximusX15

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »

"...HD-DVD and Blu-Ray copy protection MKBv4, which was expected to be unbreakable"

nothing.. nothing is unbreakable/unhackable.  They used to say MD5 was impossible to decrypt.. laugh

This post has been edited by MaximusX15: Oct 31 2007, 12:13 AM

NeO_CooL

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

DjRicochet1

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »

And so the story continues! I know this is changing the subject abit, But I can remember when it was once said that "The Xbox 360 will have secruity features that hacker's will have never seen before" including the opening of the console itself! Well they were wrong.
Hacker's - 1,000,001  Companies Secrurity - 0

Bubbalynch

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

SlySoft pwnz their ass's again. I love it, lolz.. laugh.gif

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(DjRicochet1 @ Oct 31 2007, 01:48 AM) View Post

And so the story continues! I know this is changing the subject abit, But I can remember when it was once said that "The Xbox 360 will have secruity features that hacker's will have never seen before" including the opening of the console itself! Well they were wrong.
Hacker's - 1,000,001  Companies Secrurity - 0

They did a great job anyway but we can't run homebrew code *yet*.

returning to HD DVD and Blu-Ray, i think they are doing a great job with the program AnyDVD and AAC shoul desist ading copy protection to any format because it only a matter of time until someone finds a workaround (for hd-dvd 1 month after the release of xbox hd-dvd player)

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

What a joke.  Wonder how much more cash they have to throw at it.
Pages: [1] 2