xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 79fl - Froze During Flashing  (Read 39 times)

Ahuch

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl - Froze During Flashing
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »

• 79 Passkey was installed successfully (checked up to 10x magnification, verified all continuity)
  • Was able to backup the original firmware twice, both files are the same and yield supposed key
  • Halfway through the flashing my PC froze (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Bricked!?

Anyways, now the dvd drive has issues (go figure ;p) and is unable to properly communicate with sata controllers - (Error 65 and bottom right quadrant if plugged into 360), or freezes up vista, timeout in gentoo or slax.

What are my options? This is how I see it:
  1. Buy a replacement drive and hope the key I retrieved is correct
  2. further remove epoxy and desolder / flash the eeprom
  3. Cry myself to sleep until I dont remember what a 360 is

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

TechNoApe2k7

• Archived User
Hitachi 79fl - Froze During Flashing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ahuch @ Oct 30 2007, 06:40 AM) *
  • 79 Passkey was installed successfully (checked up to 10x magnification, verified all continuity)
  • Was able to backup the original firmware twice, both files are the same and yield supposed key
  • Halfway through the flashing my PC froze (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Bricked!?

Anyways, now the dvd drive has issues (go figure ;p) and is unable to properly communicate with sata controllers - (Error 65 and bottom right quadrant if plugged into 360), or freezes up vista, timeout in gentoo or slax.

What are my options? This is how I see it:
  1. Buy a replacement drive and hope the key I retrieved is correct
  2. further remove epoxy and desolder / flash the eeprom
  3. Cry myself to sleep until I dont remember what a 360 is
Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Probably the later would be quicker, however as you have your 79's drive key - why not get hold of an older drive like the 46 or 47 which are easy to flash and inject your 79's drivekey into the 'new' drive.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)