xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Flashing Benq W/ixtreme V1.1 (tutorial)  (Read 1199 times)

nme187

• Archived User
Flashing Benq W/ixtreme V1.1 (tutorial)
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

biggrin.gif got it to work! thanks for the help caster, i tried that hex editor and it made me feel really retarded starring at those numbers... so originally i started this on my brothers computer with his help but we couldn't get it to work on his system so thats when i tried it on my own and had no success, well since what you said about ixtreme made me think that i didnt have the original copy of the orig.bin file on my comp system so i got it from my brother and asked if it worked with ixtreme on his and it did, so i just erased then write and tried it and it worked =P    guess in other words it took two different systems. thanks though everyone.

Varanen

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

Is the VIA sata card the only way to get your BenQ drive recognized in Windows? My previous 360 had a Hitachi reader and I used the Connectivity kit to flash that. Can I use the kit for the BenQ as well or do I need to buy a VIA card?

Varanen

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »

Disregard my previous post, can't seem to edit it. Will any VIA card or does it have to be a specific card?

Will this do?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7598

penguinofdoom564

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Varanen @ Nov 9 2007, 07:57 PM) *

Disregard my previous post, can't seem to edit it. Will any VIA card or does it have to be a specific card?

Will this do?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7598

Yes that will do. You're looking for the VIA 6421/6420 chip on the board...that one has it.

cabbage360

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »

Ok so im wokring on a benq

now i got dosflash on a floppy disk i see the drive on the list its at 0xf400 and it says VAD6038-64930c

now i hit that number and it says unknown flash chip any help

cabbage360

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(MANHUNT @ Oct 29 2007, 08:36 PM) *

If you are experiencing errors it is because you are suppose to re-send MTK and then shut off your 360 then turn it back on.

Also once again I will be updating this its just hard cause I already modded my BenQ.

What do u mean by resend mtk? i feel like a total noob

MTK Vendor intro failed

anyone now wth this means?

This post has been edited by cabbage360: Nov 10 2007, 07:54 PM

VaRooom

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »

Ive been searching this forum several times and still wondering. I have a Dell pc w/ serial ata controllers ICH7. Does this mean I still need to purchase a VIA controller? This overwelming amount of infomation gets confusing sometimes.

milamber

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(VaRooom @ Nov 11 2007, 08:45 AM) *

Ive been searching this forum several times and still wondering. I have a Dell pc w/ serial ata controllers ICH7. Does this mean I still need to purchase a VIA controller? This overwelming amount of infomation gets confusing sometimes.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=627850

dotrat1989

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

Not to nitpick but if I was you I would make a new thread with a very detailed guide for every step... Try to keep as simple and specific as possible like don't use the word root and make the pictures higher res. I think I know what the root of the HD is but it's always better to make the guide as though you would to a little child... As some of the noobs, like me, are slow and tend to fuck things up.... But this is a great guide

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2007, 02:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(dotrat1989 @ Nov 11 2007, 09:26 PM) *

Not to nitpick but if I was you I would make a new thread with a very detailed guide for every step... Try to keep as simple and specific as possible like don't use the word root and make the pictures higher res. I think I know what the root of the HD is but it's always better to make the guide as though you would to a little child... As some of the noobs, like me, are slow and tend to fuck things up.... But this is a great guide

if you would have used the search then you'd find this: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=627745

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Kostya72

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »

I am sorry for stupid question, but could somebody advice how to download firmware from xbins.org.
I  read the FAQ that I dowload it from ftp but I don't catch the idea where to find ftp adress and password.
Thank you!

blackstrikex

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(smakusdod @ Oct 30 2007, 09:54 AM) *

i have a dell dimention 3100, onboard sata disabled.

I have the VIA SATA VT 6421L card, with my HD on one channel, and the benq on the other. I boot using IDE cd rom with an NTFS for DOS boot cd. the benq drive is off to begin with, otherwise it wont get past the sata boot screen.

once booted up, type YES at NTFS prompt, then navigate to Dosflash, run dosflash with this:

dosflash r d870 1 a0 1 4 c:\backup.bin 0

It promtps me to resend the command, i hit Y, then i turn on the benq drive. it starts swticing between D1 and 51, i power down benq, then power up benq again, and it goes to x73, and says:

Reading Bank 0....

then it sits there eternally.

Anybody have any clue? im going insane, and i've tried many things over a span of 6 hours now. If i boot into winxp, i can get the same thing to happen with dosflash32, but it hangs on reading bank 0.

I know I'm using the right address hex, it is the specific hex of that port on the via card.

any thoughts?

I am having the same problem, do i just have to give up on my chip set?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]