xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Use A Hitachi 47d In My Benq (elite Console)?  (Read 96 times)

SpaceBuddha

• Archived User
How To Use A Hitachi 47d In My Benq (elite Console)?
« on: October 25, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

Hi everyone.

I have a 360 with a Benq drive (Elite) and another 360 with a Hitachi 47 (Premium).
The Hitachi 47 is already flashed with some old version of Xtreme firmware and problem is that I don't have the original firmware for the Hitachi, only the modded one that's on there.

What I'd like to do is to have the Hitachi in the Benq console.

Anyway to do this and have the "new" iXtreme 1.2 on there?

If I have the Benq's key, would it then be possible to just insert that key in the existing firmware that is already on the Hitachi and then re-flash that "new" firmware file with the Benq key to the Hitachi drive and use it in my Elite?

I've searched for an hour or so and didn't find any usefull info.

PS: I don't care if it's Live-safe or not.

Thanks in advance.

/Chris.

This post has been edited by SpaceBuddha: Oct 25 2007, 10:58 PM

excaliburlives

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

1.) you don't need the hitachi's original firmware if your going to spoof a hitachi as a Benq.

2.) You can still easily get your hitachi's drive key or firmware by reading it.

3.) If you want the hitachi to replace your benq, you must flash the hitachi with iXtreme_Hitachi_1.2_rev2 and insert the Benq drive key and then spoof.

SpaceBuddha

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(excaliburlives @ Oct 26 2007, 01:51 AM) *

1.) you don't need the hitachi's original firmware if your going to spoof a hitachi as a Benq.

2.) You can still easily get your hitachi's drive key or firmware by reading it.

3.) If you want the hitachi to replace your benq, you must flash the hitachi with iXtreme_Hitachi_1.2_rev2 and insert the Benq drive key and then spoof.

Thanks for the info, very kind.

1. So I don't need to restore to my original Hitachi 47D firmware to be able to later flash the iXtreme_Hitachi_1.2_rev2 (with my Benq-key) back onto my 47D?

2. Why do I need the Hitachi 47D-key if all I want to do is have my Hitachi 47D in my Elite box (which originally contained the Benq)? Am I missing something in your info?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

3. So all i need to do is to get the Hitachi 47D-firmware (the one that is already modded) from my Hitachi drive, replace that key with the one from my Benq and then I'm all good?

4. What exactly is the "spoofing" part? Is that a separate procedure that I'm not aware of?

Please notice the fact that I do not have my original firmware file for the Hitachi 47D.

Is it ok to use the firmware called "47" from the 360FW Toolbox 4.5's map called "orig_fw", then just insert my Benq-key to that file using the same toolbox and flash it to my Hitachi 47D as iXtreme_Hitachi_1.2_rev2 again using the toolbox 4.5?

Alot of questions but I'm really lost here, appreciate all the help I can get.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by SpaceBuddha: Today, 01:56 AM

Hercules Man

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpaceBuddha @ Oct 25 2007, 11:24 PM) *

Hi everyone.

I have a 360 with a Benq drive (Elite) and another 360 with a Hitachi 47 (Premium).
The Hitachi 47 is already flashed with some old version of Xtreme firmware and problem is that I don't have the original firmware for the Hitachi, only the modded one that's on there.

What I'd like to do is to have the Hitachi in the Benq console.

Anyway to do this and have the "new" iXtreme 1.2 on there?

If I have the Benq's key, would it then be possible to just insert that key in the existing firmware that is already on the Hitachi and then re-flash that "new" firmware file with the Benq key to the Hitachi drive and use it in my Elite?

I've searched for an hour or so and didn't find any usefull info.

PS: I don't care if it's Live-safe or not.

Thanks in advance.

/Chris.

Correct me if im wrong, but im sure you need to put your hitachi drive back to stock before you attempt a new flash, or things could go horribly wrong and you might end up with a Hitachi brick.

Although i have never restored a Hitachi without the orig.bin from your drive i would prob procede as follows, but someone might need to confirm this before you start.

1. Get your BenQ key(save it somewhere safe in a notepad labelled BenQ key)

2. Read your Hitachi drive and save the key (save it somewhere in a notepad labelled Hitachi Key)

3. Get the latest ixtreme for Hitachi and run RESTORE.bat. this should auto detect your current firmware version and restore it back to stock.

4. Power up your 360 with the Hitachi drive in and check that the restore has gone ok then move to the next stage.

5. Connect Hitachi drive back to pc making sure it is in mode B.

6. Run the latest version of firmware toolbox 4.5 i think and read the drive/direct drive dump.

7. Replace the key with your BenQ key and choose to Spoof to BenQ drive.

8. Flash drive with toolbox 4.5

9. Pray.

Anyhow like i said, this is my theory and someone might want to correct it, but i think this is the direction you need to be going to get to where you want to be with your setup.

Good luck

H MAn

This post has been edited by Hercules Man: Today, 02:59 AM

SpaceBuddha

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hercules Man @ Oct 26 2007, 03:48 AM) *

Correct me if im wrong, but im sure you need to put your hitachi drive back to stock before you attempt a new flash, or things could go horribly wrong and you might end up with a Hitachi brick.

Although i have never restored a Hitachi without the orig.bin from your drive i would prob procede as follows, but someone might need to confirm this before you start.

1. Get your BenQ key(save it somewhere safe in a notepad labelled BenQ key)

2. Read your Hitachi drive and save the key (save it somewhere in a notepad labelled Hitachi Key)

3. Get the latest ixtreme for Hitachi and run RESTORE.bat. this should auto detect your current firmware version and restore it back to stock.

4. Power up your 360 with the Hitachi drive in and check that the restore has gone ok then move to the next stage.

5. Connect Hitachi drive back to pc making sure it is in mode B.

6. Run the latest version of firmware toolbox 4.5 i think and read the drive/direct drive dump.

7. Replace the key with your BenQ key and choose to Spoof to BenQ drive.

8. Flash drive with toolbox 4.5

9. Pray.
Anyhow like i said, this is my theory and someone might want to correct it, but i think this is the direction you need to be going to get to where you want to be with your setup.
Good luck
H MAn

This sounds like the way I'd probably think of myself, the most logical. But I'd like it if someone who has tried this or has any experience in this whole procedure would be so kind and confirm this as a working solution.

Anyway, thanks for our help man. Much appreciated.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  

SoulHeaven

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »

Hi,

You don't need to restore your drive.

Dump your hitachi firmware

Dump your benq firmware

Take my software "360DriveSwitcher"

Put the benq firmware into origin firmware section

Put the hitachi firmware into destination section

Click on generate firmware, and save your new firmware

Open this new firmware into fw tool box v4.5.

And proceed to a differential flash on your hitachi.

It's done, you can put your hitachi drive into your benq console.

Have a nice day

SpaceBuddha

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(SoulHeaven @ Oct 26 2007, 03:28 PM) *

Hi,

You don't need to restore your drive.

Dump your hitachi firmware

Dump your benq firmware

Take my software "360DriveSwitcher"

Put the benq firmware into origin firmware section

Put the hitachi firmware into destination section

Click on generate firmware, and save your new firmware

Open this new firmware into fw tool box v4.5.

And proceed to a differential flash on your hitachi.
It's done, you can put your hitachi drive into your benq console.

Have a nice day

Ok, thank you guys. Very much appreciated.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hercules Man

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

360DriveSwitcher, wow, i dident even know it existed, so where can i get it from

cheers

H MAn

PS

Just a quote from C4Eva

"Always recommended: If your drive is flashed USE A RESTORE FIRST
                    (Use the restore included on this package)

He knows best i guess, you make your choice, you take your chances, i know i would take his word for it for sure, i aint got the first idea what flashing sectors is all about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) LOL

This post has been edited by Hercules Man: Oct 27 2007, 03:48 AM