xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Flashing Firmware Samsung Drive Ms28  (Read 40 times)

Xypher

• Archived User
Problems Flashing Firmware Samsung Drive Ms28
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

ok, i know there have been lots of posts with problems like this and i have read all the solutions and have tried them. i have the samsung drive ms28 and i bought the via 6421 pci card and have the dvd drive hooked to the forward sata port. it sees the drive fine, but stops at a blinking cursor after choosing it (where it says the port and everything). i have tried waiting all sorts of different time increments after turning on the 360 but it hangs on it every time. i have grounded the case of the 360 and computer together. i have also disconnected all other drives from the motherboard. the drive is detected every time, just doesn't flash (get the key).

the orig xbox 360 i bought had an hitachi and i used the executer hookup withe the usb to sata and worked first time, was so smooth and then the 360 died from overheating after i kept it alive an extra month with water cooling. so im not too noob to this, but this drive is being a biatch!

any help would be greatly appreciated since i have been trying to mod this drive for a few months.

Hercules Man

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

When you run the flash command in dos and its finds your drive ie: Xtreme Primary ect, dont select it. power off your 360 by pulling the cable, re connect the power cable, then select Xtreme port and count to 10, then power up the 360 by the front panel and it should flash.

H MAn

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Man @ Oct 26 2007, 04:58 AM) *

When you run the flash command in dos and its finds your drive ie: Xtreme Primary ect, dont select it. power off your 360 by pulling the cable, re connect the power cable, then select Xtreme port and count to 10, then power up the 360 by the front panel and it should flash.

H MAn

Or just turn it off via button.. that works too.

Hercules Man

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

Pull the plug, switch it off at the socket if you have a switch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

H MAn

Xypher

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »

thanks that did help, but now it hangs on various percentages as it is reading, it might be that im not patient enough to let it finish, does it usually stop and continue after a little bit, or is it supposed to go all the way through in one shot?

ANPC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

Same shit here guys!My fucked up ms28 don't wanna be hacked with same problem.If someone will help,that would be great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Payback001

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 03:29:00 AM »

same here.... not no newbe....

It find the drive yet when i turn off the 360 and tipe wich drive then turn the 360 back on ... nothing ever happens tryed diffrents timeing 3sec 10sec 15sec ect...... and even tryed unpluging the 360 power ... need help bad....  

((about to say F it and go get a BenQ 360 and have a hdmi port lol ))

Xypher

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »

so here is a challenge to teh pros, please help us since there will be a few of us benefiting from this, thank you in advance. i welcome any more advice, it has gotten me to the 10 yard line, just need a little help for the touchdown hehe.

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »

i had the same problem. no matter what i couldnt get it to flash when powered by the console. i had to make a adapter to power the drive with my pc. when i use the adapter i made i dont even have to wait 10 sec at all. i can unplug and plug back in then its starts reading or flashing. im trying to figure out why it wont flash with power from the console, i had a ms25 the would flash no problem and could flash with new firmware (based on ms28) easily. but this ms28 i got off ebay looks as though its a factory refurb, the mfg. date is december of 2005, but as far a i know they only made ms25's that year. it has a ms28 sticker over the ms25. i figure on toshiba themselves could update the firmware like that. plus the drive key was all FFFFFFF when i got it. weird.

Xypher

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 07:38:00 PM »

i also used an adapter for my hitachi drive on this one to power it and even used both modes on it and still the  same