xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 59d Flash With Esata 2port Cardbus  (Read 47 times)

123Dash

• Archived User
Hitachi 59d Flash With Esata 2port Cardbus
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

I have a Hitachi 59D drive that will not show up in the device manager. I have it plugged into my laptop with with a Serial ATA in Xbox360 and this plugs into a SATA II-150 2 port Cardbus, the model is (UGT-ST350CB) this plugs into my laptop. I turn both my xbox and laptop off tried all the different boot methods to get the slax cd to run but no luck. Any Help?

123Dash

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

If it helps,
      i finally found it in device manager, it opens under storage controllers + Silicon  Sil3512 Sata Link Controller when i right click and go to properties/device info
 it shows up under
Device location: Channel 1 Target 0
  Type : Cd-Rom
Model : HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR3120L
Firmware: 0059
ATA Version: ATA/ATAPI-6
Look Ahead: Unsupported
Write Chache: Unsupported
Current Trasnfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 5
Host link Speed: Generation 1( 1.5Gb/s)
Device Link Speed: Gen 1 (1.5Gb/s)
 So i know the cable works i just can't get it to show up as a drive letter or boot the slax?

123Dash

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

I WAS STUPID AND PUT THE SLAX CD IN MY XBOX!!! IT NEEDED TO BE IN PC MY BAD!!!
    So im not really sure what to do next, i want to backup my original firmware, and im not 100% sure im in mode b, my disc tray goes in and out if i push the close/eject it goes in and 1 minute later pops back out, if i put it in it pops back out. ect. ect... but it finally shows up under my computer. GOOD SIGN.

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(123Dash @ Oct 25 2007, 02:28 AM) *

I WAS STUPID AND PUT THE SLAX CD IN MY XBOX!!! IT NEEDED TO BE IN PC MY BAD!!!
    So im not really sure what to do next, i want to backup my original firmware, and im not 100% sure im in mode b, my disc tray goes in and out if i push the close/eject it goes in and 1 minute later pops back out, if i put it in it pops back out. ect. ect... but it finally shows up under my computer. GOOD SIGN.

If you have the textbooks tutorial, you'd see that you can test if it's in mode B or not by pressing eject (you should have to press it twice for it to open)

If windows recognizes the drive, it's in ModeB