xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: DosFlash V1.3 Beta - Full Software Based BenQ Flashing  (Read 925 times)

Ranger72

• Archived User
DosFlash V1.3 Beta - Full Software Based BenQ Flashing
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(E-Ravishing @ Oct 22 2007, 04:05 AM) View Post

i have the same question as some here.  Can't I just use the 360 power supply to power on the dvd-drive?

yes

l0tics

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »

Wait hold the phones.. benq drives are possible to read/write with software only now? So I could buy an elite or brand new 360 and put a different drive on there? Please tell me this is true.

saosin37

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »

Intel ICH9R i have this chipset

on the readme it says:

- Intel SATA Controller IDE (ICH9)
- Intel SATA Controller IDE (ICH9M)

Im assuming this means i would need to buy one of the VIA sata controllers?

lucho

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »

I have the Via 6421 PCi card.  When running in Windows, I double click dosflash32 but nothing never happens and the program never opens.

I can see it in task manager running as a process.  So I end the task after about 3 minutes and run it again but this time I tell it to not to run the mkt command and the program opens right up.  The benq drive is listed but it does not read.

So basically my question is, why would the program not run when sending the commands and when I don't it opens immediately.  I have deleted the driver in windows per suggestions in this post.

I am going to try to use dosflash and use dos.  I ran MSInfo32 and this is what I got.

IPB Image

I am not sure what the port number is.  The readme states"for the 6421 the 1st port is internal SATA, 2nd is external SATA and 3rd is internal IDE".

So what would I replace port 7000 with?  Example: DosFlash w 7000 1 a0 1 4 a:\ixtreme.bin 0

Iprep shows the following info for my VT6421 controller card: DevID 11063249   I/O: C400CC00

Any info is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Lucho

SCSI

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

This is great news. I planned on getting another Xbox360. What are the chances of getting a BenQ drive? I currently have a MS25 on my current 360 and also a spare Hitachi 47d from my first launch 360.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »

OK, Interesting newS - I was with a Friend when we read this - He got all excited so we decided to play around.

I will tell you all now WIndows XP 64 bit edition - FOR OBVIOUS REASONS will not allow DOSFLASH32 to start or work.

I tried windows 2000 PC - But I ended up blowing up a HDD and Xecuter Connectivity kit - tring to get it to work.

I had used the PC to power the Drive through the connectivity kit and - instead of turing ON AND OFF - I unplugged the BLack wire to and from the drive to power on and off the Drive.  Well I must have Plugged in wrong as I ended UP frying my connectivity kit and A HDD on MY PC no longer works (only 160 gig worth of data - but still frustrating).  After that I gave up - Didn't even think of using the 360 to power the drive on and off as I have had a Connectivity kit since the day they came out and always used them to power the DVD drive during a Flash process.

I'll Explain what I was tring to do.

I have a VIA 6421 on a NFORCE 3 or 4 Mobo - Not sure which Chipset it is.  

SInce XP 64 bit dpes not allow DOSFLASH32 to run in the 64 bit environment - I tried a SI3114 or derivitive card from my ASUS MOBO (Nforce 3 or 4 as well - not sure) in a windows 2000 environment - Don't know if it works or now as we didn;t get much further.

The only XP machine I own I was not opening up as it is too important to me to mess around with.

After frying my Connectivity kit I just gave up - but I'll explain what I was tring to do.  Perhaps someone can answer some questions while im at it.

MY buddy has a 3RROD 360 (error code 0110 - basicly needs to get sent in) - But the drive in there is a M28 samsung with IXtreme1.2.  He also has a BenQ NEW 360 that he just uses to game with.

He really wants to flash his new system.  He was hoping the New box he bought came with a Hitachi as that would be easy to read the ORIG.BIn and then take the key from it - Patch it into IXtreme1.2 and Flash to his M28 and pop it into his New system or just flash the hitachi if it was a flashable drive.  We Could Also flash the Hitachi with the Orig.bin - Patched with the Key from the dead system - so It could be sent in for serve or whatever - but would have a Drive that would be tied to it.

Well the BenQ system - Since there is no IXTREME firmware for it - to see this news was interesting and gave us some alternitive ideas like you all just read above.

Since the ORIG.bin can now be READ, ERASED AND WRITTEN - it would be possible to now dump the ORIG.BIn from the BENQ. (which I see some have done already)  Copy the ORIG.BIN (for redundency and safety to keep a fresh original copy) - then Patch it with a Key (yes is  said patch ORIG.BIN) so that the Orig.bin from another system would allow the BENQ on it as if it was the drive that came with the system - Again - since there is no IXtreme Firmware for it yet.  

Then we could take the Key from the BENQ's ORIG.bin and Patch it into IXtreme 1.2 and flash the Samsung M28 and we could then put the Samsung into the NEW system that came with a BENQ.  He would have the NEW SYSTEM working with a Samsung Drive with IXtreme.

Now from what I got from these post's it's not that easy.

Lets assume I got DOSFLASH16 or DOSFLASH32 to read and successfully DUMP ORIG.bin of the BenQ drive to my PC.  

Now I can use the Firmware toolbox to read the KEY correct? FWtoolbox 4.5 right?

Can I now just patch that key into IXtreme1.2 for a Samsung or a Hitachi and Flash it?  (from what I read its not that easy - you have to SPOOF THE DRIVE?)

OK can someone explain that a bit - I did some search ing but it's a bit confusing.

If I have the ORIG.BIN from a BENQ - what and how would I use to extract the Key?

What do I use and how do I spoof a Drive so that the Key can be put into IXtreme1.2 and then successfully flashed to a Samsung M25/28 or Hitachi?

Then - Since we don't have a Ixtreme1.2 firmware for the BENQ drive (commodore4eva has not made one yet), is it possible to inject the key from another Xbox into the ORIG.BIn of the BenQ and place it into that OLDER SYSTEM so it atleast is tied correctly to it or works as a normal system?  I assume if you can use DOSFLASH16/32 to erase the Firmware of a BENQ as well as WRITE to a BENQ - I assume you can Write the ORIG.BIN back to the BENQ with no issues - so you don't just have a useless drive sitting around?

PS: Flame me for blowing up my Xconnectivty kit and HDD If you want - I already saw the flames when the Kit went up in them - so get your laughs out now - but im sure there are alot of people here that are curious like me about most of the questions I asked.

sirocc0

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(NYCXBOX @ Oct 22 2007, 01:32 AM) *

OK, Interesting newS - I was with a Friend when we read this - He got all excited so we decided to play around.

I will tell you all now WIndows XP 64 bit edition - FOR OBVIOUS REASONS will not allow DOSFLASH32 to start or work.

I tried windows 2000 PC - But I ended up blowing up a HDD and Xecuter Connectivity kit - tring to get it to work.

I had used the PC to power the Drive through the connectivity kit and - instead of turing ON AND OFF - I unplugged the BLack wire to and from the drive to power on and off the Drive.  Well I must have Plugged in wrong as I ended UP frying my connectivity kit and A HDD on MY PC no longer works (only 160 gig worth of data - but still frustrating).  After that I gave up - Didn't even think of using the 360 to power the drive on and off as I have had a Connectivity kit since the day they came out and always used them to power the DVD drive during a Flash process.

SInce XP 64 bit dpes not allow DOSFLASH32 to run in the 64 bit environment - I tried a SI3114 or derivitive card from my ASUS MOBO (Nforce 3 or 4 as well - not sure) in a windows 2000 environment - Don't know if it works or now as we didn;t get much further.

The only XP machine I own I was not opening up as it is too important to me to mess around with.

After frying my Connectivity kit I just gave up - but I'll explain what I was tring to do.  Perhaps someone can answer some questions while im at it.

MY buddy has a 3RROD 360 (error code 0110 - basicly needs to get sent in) - But the drive in there is a M28 samsung with IXtreme1.2.  He also has a BenQ NEW 360 that he just uses to game with.

He really wants to flash his new system.  He was hoping the New box he bought came with a Hitachi as that would be easy to read the ORIG.BIn and then take the key from it - Patch it into IXtreme1.2 and Flash to his M28 and pop it into his New system or just flash the hitachi if it was a flashable drive.  We Could Also flash the Hitachi with the Orig.bin - Patched with the Key from the dead system - so It could be sent in for serve or whatever - but would have a Drive that would be tied to it.

Well the BenQ system - Since there is no IXTREME firmware for it - to see this news was interesting and gave us some alternitive ideas like you all just read above.

Since the ORIG.bin can now be READ, ERASED AND WRITTEN - it would be possible to now dump the ORIG.BIn from the BENQ. (which I see some have done already)  Copy the ORIG.BIN (for redundency and safety to keep a fresh original copy) - then Patch it with a Key (yes is  said patch ORIG.BIN) so that the Orig.bin from another system would allow the BENQ on it as if it was the drive that came with the system - Again - since there is no IXtreme Firmware for it yet.  

Then we could take the Key from the BENQ's ORIG.bin and Patch it into IXtreme 1.2 and flash the Samsung M28 and we could then put the Samsung into the NEW system that came with a BENQ.  He would have the NEW SYSTEM working with a Samsung Drive with IXtreme.

Lets assume I got DOSFLASH16 or DOSFLASH32 to read and successfully DUMP ORIG.bin of the BenQ drive to my PC.  

Now I can use the Firmware toolbox to read the KEY correct? FWtoolbox 4.5 right?

Can I now just patch that key into IXtreme1.2 for a Samsung or a Hitachi and Flash it?  (from what I read its not that easy - you have to SPOOF THE DRIVE?)

OK can someone explain that a bit - I did some search ing but it's a bit confusing.

If I have the ORIG.BIN from a BENQ - what and how would I use to extract the Key?

What do I use and how do I spoof a Drive so that the Key can be put into IXtreme1.2 and then successfully flashed to a Samsung M25/28 or Hitachi?

Then - Since we don't have a Ixtreme1.2 firmware for the BENQ drive (commodore4eva has not made one yet), is it possible to inject the key from another Xbox into the ORIG.BIn of the BenQ and place it into that OLDER SYSTEM so it atleast is tied correctly to it or works as a normal system?  I assume if you can use DOSFLASH16/32 to erase the Firmware of a BENQ as well as WRITE to a BENQ - I assume you can Write the ORIG.BIN back to the BENQ with no issues - so you don't just have a useless drive sitting around?

PS: Flame me for blowing up my Xconnectivty kit and HDD If you want - I already saw the flames when the Kit went up in them - so get your laughs out now - but im sure there are alot of people here that are curious like me about most of the questions I asked.

im trying to figure out exacctly the same - try posting in this thread and someone might be able to help us:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=626518

VanydotK

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

After a very stressful day of trying to get this to work I'm going to post my results and whatnot to hopefully help somebody else.

first off, the version of dosflash 1.3 on the x-s homepage and the one on xbins are different for some reason. I used the one downloaded from the homepage. The difference that I can see is the one off the homepage includes a dosflash32_enabledrives.exe and instead of using
dosflash r xxxx 1 a0 1 4 a:\orig.bin 0 you use dosflash r xxxx 1 a0 1 4 a:\orig.bin
What's the difference? no 0 at the end.. this could have changed, I don't know.

Anyway, my first try was a VIA chipset with a VIA 6421A pci card. My end result, no success. I would try using dosflash32 in windows however it would freeze up. When I tried with dosflash32_enabledrive it would detect the benq drive but once I started reading it would stay stuck at reading bank 0. When I would try using it in dos, it would stay stuck at "0xff" and not go anywhere.
If you're having this problem then
a) you're using the wrong port
 - >to get the right port in dos, try just hitting dosflash and hit enter.. your port should be the one next to sata pri master
b ) your mobo chipset + sata card aren't working together

In my case it was B. I went out on criagslist and bought a used emachines T1220 with an intel chipset for 40 bucks and paired it up with my via sata card and what do you know, it works. I haven't tried windows yet, but I can confirm it works in dos.

Anyway, that was my experience for the day.. glad to get it working. A big thanks to Schtrom for taking the time to code this program for us!

*edit*
Oh and yes, I did unplug all my optical drives, hard drive, switched PCI ports, etc.. everything you can think of that you can do in a 5 hour period.

This post has been edited by VanydotK: Oct 22 2007, 06:58 AM

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »

what's all that stuff with the Xecuter Conn. kit about?
and why does the readme state:
- don't use the Xecuter Kit to power the drive with the same psu as your computer, cause we
  need to power the drive off and on during soft flashing

My conn. kit has an on/off switch. That should be safe to use right? (xc kit v2)

Too bad i can't test dosflash, my BenQ xbox is having a trip to Germany for repair now sad.gif hopefully it comes back this week so i can have a go at it.

BLOODRED6366

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »

for all of you having trouble seeing their drive in windows with dosflash32.

remember you have to use create a new shortcut for dosflash32 and add the -enabledrives options
c:\somehtying\path\DosFlash32.exe" -enabledrives

note - not to sure if the second executable does the job also ...never needed to try it.

If you use dosflash32 by itself it will hang ur pc.

Also note that it best to plug ur benq into your 360 for power & not connectivity kit as you will have to power cycle...as said in the last few posts.

cheers

Nojustice

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

Successfully dumped my firmware using VIA VT8237A Motherboard

Used Dosflah32 and worked really perfectly.

Many thanks to all the people involved..

One question though, will I have writing issues when i flash back iExtreme (When it is released) using the motherboard mentioned above ?

kondra

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »

WARNING!!!

The DosFlash release on www.xbox-scene is NOT the final one! You should download it at xbins or on the original rapidshare link Schtrom mentioned at XBH! This is no joke!

Schtrom has done some additions to the final release in comparison to the release you can download here. You can see if you have the right one by looking into the folder DosFlash32, if the DosFlash32_EnableDrives.exe is missing you have the right release.

I hope XBS will fix this and use the correct release soon, otherwise it would get very hard to track errors down!!!

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

Where is that noise the "Hallelujah" lol. what is the mfg date range for these drives?

saosin37

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(NYCXBOX @ Oct 22 2007, 01:32 AM) *

So does this mean i won't be able to get it to work on my windows vista 64 bit edition?

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(saosin37 @ Oct 22 2007, 02:35 PM) View Post

So does this mean i won't be able to get it to work on my windows vista 64 bit edition?

dosflash32 won't load because the OS is preventing an unsigned driver to be loaded

You can use dosflash16 after booting from a usb drive in DOS

but then again, did you use 64bit to flash other drives??? I don't, that's why i have installed dual boot (xp 32b and vista 64b)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19