xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: DosFlash V1.3 Beta - Full Software Based BenQ Flashing  (Read 927 times)

Optics2k3

• Archived User
DosFlash V1.3 Beta - Full Software Based BenQ Flashing
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

So let me get this straight... i have windows vista 64bit ultimate. and a via 6421A with NO driver installed windows nor via driver... should i just leave it as that? because under my device manager theres a ? beside the serial ata port which i know for a fact its my Via card. also i'm on a ICH7 i'm pretty sure on a asus mobo..

Although i just went out and purchased Halo 3 and Orange Box, its always nice to make back ups for them, but i really don't want to get banned for xbox live...

Zheez

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(bill16504 @ Oct 21 2007, 10:35 PM) *

It's got to be hard standing on the drive and trying to squat...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Balls I really should've read through that before posting  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE(Optics2k3 @ Oct 21 2007, 11:11 PM) *

So let me get this straight... i have windows vista 64bit ultimate. and a via 6421A with NO driver installed windows nor via driver... should i just leave it as that? because under my device manager theres a ? beside the serial ata port which i know for a fact its my Via card. also i'm on a ICH7 i'm pretty sure on a asus mobo.

You'd only need the driver installed if you were going to use DosFlash32.  If you're sticking to DOS-based DosFlash16 then you don't need to worry about it.

excaliburlives

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

Ok, just tried to read my drive and no luck. I have the BenQ VAD6038 and a mobo with nForce 3. I made a bootable usb using xtreme bootmaker. I've tried it in both dosflash16 and dosflash32. It doesnt seem to find the drive. When i do it with the usb, it hangs after i turn the drive off and on after it asks me to. anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I've done many Hitachis and MS-25's and 28's.
Thanks for any help i can get.

P.S.    I am also using the connectivity kit to power the drive, if that matters.

This post has been edited by excaliburlives: Oct 22 2007, 12:40 AM

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

- don't use the Xecuter Kit to power the drive with the same psu as your computer, cause we
  need to power the drive off and on during soft flashing

Help?

excaliburlives

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

Wow, that was the problem. I used an external power source for the connectivity kit and it read the drive. The file it saved was 256k but i cant look at it using toolbox. I'll try reading each way to see if i get lucky. Atleast i'm having better luck, thnx.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(excaliburlives @ Oct 22 2007, 01:13 AM) View Post

Wow, that was the problem. I used an external power source for the connectivity kit and it read the drive. The file it saved was 256k but i cant look at it using toolbox. I'll try reading each way to see if i get lucky. Atleast i'm having better luck, thnx.

Are you using firmware toolbox 4.5? It sounds like you got the firmware but only the latest toolbox will open it.

sirocc0

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

this is good news!  i have a halo 3 edition 360 coming in soon and it will probobly be benQ,  maybe  guys can help me with some things though?  I want to make sure I am doing everything right here before it arrives.

1)First i buy a via chipset plug it into my comp  hook up the benQ and dump the firmware.
2)then i get the key out of the firmware - how do i do this?(do i do this with the latest version of firmware toolbox or)?
3)i buy a ms28 then enter the key from the benQ dump into it (and again what tool would i use - i dont think firmware toolbox will work - right?)

excaliburlives

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »

I just tried to open the bin file again with the new fwt4.5 and it said not a valid file. I also tried to read the drive and and now it cant get to read this time. Looks like i got lucky the first time detecting the drive. the drive still works fine as i can still plug it back into the 360 and it comes up with no problems. I'm just trying to get my key off of it so i can spoof a sammy i have over here. I'll keep trying.

ka-b00m

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

Sweet...

I got the Asus P4C800 board with Intel 82801EB (ICH5) chipset... I should be able to read the firmware from a BenQ drive.. right? i checked the readme file...

My xbox died and it has a sammy drive in it... i am planning to swap it with the drive of new xbox... witch i don't have... yet... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thankx

This post has been edited by ka-b00m: Oct 22 2007, 02:32 AM

HaZe303

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(sirocc0 @ Oct 22 2007, 03:21 AM) *

this is good news!  i have a halo 3 edition 360 coming in soon and it will probobly be benQ,  maybe  guys can help me with some things though?  I want to make sure I am doing everything right here before it arrives.

1)First i buy a via chipset plug it into my comp  hook up the benQ and dump the firmware.
2)then i get the key out of the firmware - how do i do this?(do i do this with the latest version of firmware toolbox or)?
3)i buy a ms28 then enter the key from the benQ dump into it (and again what tool would i use - i dont think firmware toolbox will work - right?)

2 & 3 both have answer: Firmware Toolbox 4.5, but you dont just change the key of the firmware, you need to spoof the drive and this you do with FWToolB 4.5. I have two 360´s with BenQ´s my self and I will wait for a Ixtreme FW for the BenQ before I do anything! I suggest you do the same.

This post has been edited by HaZe303: Oct 22 2007, 02:36 AM

sirocc0

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(HaZe303 @ Oct 21 2007, 09:34 PM) *

2 & 3 both have answer: Firmware Toolbox 4.5, but you dont just change the key of the firmware, you need to spoof the drive and this you do with FWToolB 4.5. I have two 360´s with BenQ´s my self and I will wait for a Ixtreme FW for the BenQ before I do anything! I suggest you do the same.

i think u can use this site to spoof the firmware once  u change the key and save it (i think lol)
http://www.benq2samsung.tk/
if ur going to a ms25/28 that is

highgear

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

So will this card be able to read and flash my benq with the software only method?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815124022

Also, this is the mobo I will be using it with:

http://www.gigabyte....?ProductID=1326

Thanks for the help.  I've just been trying to figure out all of this stuff as I'm new the the 360 scene.

One more question.  I am thinking about building a new comp, and I want to get a mobo that will be able to read and flash the benq.  Actually, as long as the via card will work, I don't care if the new mobo can actually do it.  At the least I just want the via card to work with the new mobo.  I was leaning toward a Socket 775 intel processor and a gigabyte mobo.  Thanks again for the help.

saosin37

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

id also like to know if this will work

BLOODRED6366

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

Hey All,

Succesfully extracted Benq fw via dosflash32 with a nforce4 mobo. couldn't be easier...i'm glad i held off on the soldering=)
Also succesfully spoofed a hitachi 047 and running sweet.

cheers to Schtrom for

E-Ravishing

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »

i have the same question as some here.  Can't I just use the 360 power supply to power on the dvd-drive?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19