xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Benq Dump Please At Witts End  (Read 50 times)

ajadedego

• Archived User
Help With Benq Dump Please At Witts End
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

help dumping benq please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what is going on, i have tried it a hundred times and nothing.

I keep getting "No ATAPI Devices Detected".

Any clue as to why? or how to fix this??

this is what i did:

Boot stick is just MS Dos start up with : DOSFLASH app and DOSFLASH.typ nothing else and both are on th root of th memory card.

I did solder the switch and i think is right (the 2 place solder/ scratching).

This is what I do:
Boot to dos
C: i plug the sata cable into the 360 (its in the pc before i boot).
I type dosflash
Then I plug in the powercable. (do you need to have the av cable too?)
then power on the 360, and then 1 second later flip the switch to on (tried both postions many times)----question is it supposed to be 1 sec like in the tut or is it supposed to be 10 and was a typo (ms28)?

then right after i flip the switch, I hit enter. 4 devices pop up to choose, but then i get the error.

I have looked alot all day starting at 11am and its now 130 am. Please help, i am very frustrated and would love suggestions. Im crashing right now cause i have to work but i hope someone can help me. I will check in the morning.

anything like tut links or posts (i have the main one tho), extra details, suggestions, or experinces. thanks

i also tried it with the VIA ms 28 card and no dice. I know that all te SATA ports are open, and its not the sata cable i tried two.

also I switched the wires on the switch and no dice.

shawndezy115

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

here is the deal, i had a benq higher firmwar(pain in the as#) but i tried for hours different commands but i finaly got it.

i had to use the most current dose flash. i think i used 1.2 befor it worked. i followed all the tuts and nothing till i found a forum that said find the newest dosflash. so i found 1.1 no luck. then looked again and found 1.2. all released hours apart. lol.(i think.) but any way 1.2 worked.

you might want to do it manualy but you need to know the id number of the sata port.
its a 1sec then switch (almost simaltaniusly)>as fast as you can. then it should extract and there you go. if that dosent work let me know. i used the via card and it worked fine for me.
sorry for the spelling i type to fast and i dont check my work lol.
good luck and let me know if this helped.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

Use a ohm meter to make sure the traces are fully cut. Also try using i different SATA connector.