xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problem With Flashing The Ms28  (Read 38 times)

AstroSaberIII

• Archived User
Problem With Flashing The Ms28
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »

It sounds like your booting from the CD, and it's trying to write back to the CD - not your harddrive.  That being the reason you can't get your orig.bin.  To verify if this is the case, unplug ALL HD's, DVD drives, CD drives - or anyother device that is hooked to either the SATA or IDE.  Of course, you will just have your 1 CD or DVD drive connected.  Now try it.  Do you get the same errors like you've been getting?  IF so, then iprep is trying to write to the CD rather than the HD.

For now, get a USB thumbdrive, plug it in to a convient USB slot and reboot PC.  Go into the bios, and select USB as your first boot device.  You can not set USB to a boot drive unless it's already present for the bios to detect.  Make use USB is set for 1st boot device.  If that works, then follow the instructions to make the USB with all the files you need to flash.

Another issue you need to verify.... Are the VIA chipset SATA drivers installed?  I had to install some RAID drivers for my VIA chipset to work property.  Many PC's with SATA do not have drivers installed becasue the PC's original configuration did not use SATA drives - thats how my cheapo PC came, it had SATA, but it was never used.  I had to go to VIA's website and download the RAID drivers.

This post has been edited by AstroSaberIII: Oct 11 2007, 09:51 PM

randomheroflipp

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

correct, that's what I typed in and it didn't work

randomheroflipp

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

ok i just got my drive key

but i dont think the origin.bin was saved right, but im for sure this is my drives key (although i did use a fake serial to get it), but samtool said it worked. Now how would I inject this into the firmware?

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(randomheroflipp @ Oct 11 2007, 10:45 PM) *
ok i just got my drive key

but i dont think the origin.bin was saved right, but im for sure this is my drives key (although i did use a fake serial to get it), but samtool said it worked. Now how would I inject this into the firmware?

Why dont you think the orig.bin was saved right?

The serial number is used purely for sorting purposes.  You could have used 'flash me' and it would have dumped the orig.bin to backups/flash/me.

If samtool worked, you should be fine.  You dont need to inject it into any firmware, samtool prep'd your hacked.bin for you.  Just use the flash routine with the same serial.

Caster.

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(randomheroflipp @ Oct 11 2007, 11:51 AM) *
What am I doing wrong?

I will paypal $20 to whoever helps me get this to work.
So who gets the $20?
Pages: 1 [2]