xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Restore.bat Says Drive Isn't Detected.  (Read 33 times)

Chouonsoku

• Archived User
Restore.bat Says Drive Isn't Detected.
« on: October 08, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

For some reason, the restore.bat included with C4EVA_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_4_Stealth does not recognize my drive as a Hitatchi drive, although it clearly is. The drive is in ModeB, which is shown because it takes two presses of the eject button to eject or close the drive. The drive also shows up in Windows and is mounted as letter H. But for some odd reason the restore.bat won't restore it.

I know I've got the right drive letter because I can eject the drive through Windows. This isn't my first time modding a drive, so I'm not new to any of this. Any help would be appreciated.

CODE
Detecting VERSION of drive...

The system cannot execute the specified program.

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

ERROR: Hitachi drive build was NOT detected!

WARNING: One of THREE things could be wrong!

#1: Check to see if your drive is in Windows
#2: Make sure you are using the right letter
#3: Your x360 drive is not a working version

For further verification, I guess this information helps. My Windows OS is Windows Vista Ultimate, I am running the bat file as an administrator. The drive works fine when playing original Xbox 360 games. It is running whatever firmware was the one right before all the new stealth stuff was added because of the Xbox Live bans. My console isn't banned from Xbox Live.

This post has been edited by Chouonsoku: Oct 8 2007, 06:52 PM

Chouonsoku

• Archived User
Restore.bat Says Drive Isn't Detected.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

I'm trying to do a little self help here, so I was going through the bat file and executing the commands on their own to pinpoint the problem and it seems that "gethitv test.bin > ver.bin" is what is causing the problem. When run, I receive the error message "The system cannot execute the specified program."