xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Hitachi Drive Isnt Reading Discs  (Read 66 times)

kunocorp

• Archived User
My Hitachi Drive Isnt Reading Discs
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

My laser started to die, it would read discs sometimes, but usually gave me a unplayable disc warning. Now I did the POT calibration and lower it to 3.00 and it was working until i put it back togeter, and it wasnt working anymore. So I opened it up again and changed the pot to 3.20 and tried to read a disc. It inserts and doesnt spin at all, doesnt even try to read. Do you think this i  a laser problem or a drive problem, what makes the disc spin? Thanks in advance.

Carlitosbaby

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(kunocorp @ Oct 6 2007, 02:21 PM) *

My laser started to die, it would read discs sometimes, but usually gave me a unplayable disc warning. Now I did the POT calibration and lower it to 3.00 and it was working until i put it back togeter, and it wasnt working anymore. So I opened it up again and changed the pot to 3.20 and tried to read a disc. It inserts and doesnt spin at all, doesnt even try to read. Do you think this i  a laser problem or a drive problem, what makes the disc spin? Thanks in advance.

if voltage is to high you can fry the dvd drive which is what it sounds like you did

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

You just fried the lens.Buying a new lens for $20-25 would be fine.

kunocorp

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

ok, i was hoping it was just the lens, I ordered one off off ebay for 15 bucks from hong kong. I hope that makes it all better.

kunocorp

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »

Has anyone here ordered a laser from a guy on ebay from hong kong, I'm still waiting for the thing. He said he shipped it on the 7th, I thought it would be here by now, other people said they got there's in 5-6 days. I'm just anxious to try the new laser, I really hope that was the problem, I dont wanna have to buy a whole new drive.

burnshroom

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »

I ordered 2 replacement drives from gameconsolehk on ebay and got them both within 2 weeks time.

I would just wait a few more days and you should have your lens soon.