xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ixtreme Fast And Quite  (Read 36 times)

addyirv

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

Hi could some please tell me which fw is best quite or fast?

Not too bothered about either, just want the one which will not cause burn out or possibly introduce RROD.

I have quiet at the moment.

cheers

This post has been edited by addyirv: Oct 6 2007, 05:43 PM

HellBoyBell

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

Its down to personal taste really, but ive gone for fast. Some people have claimed games lag on loading with the slow firm in games like Oblivion and Halo3 where the console is loading as the game plays.

xxXChris UkXxx

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

Apparently Oblivion is unplayable on Slow . It struggles even on Fast (prior to the Live update)

addyirv

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »

cheers lads, but does anyone know which is best for reliability and doestn causr RROD if possible?

cheers

HellBoyBell

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

I dont really think either is gonna cause RROD, The fast is probably gonna burn the dvd drive quicker, but only if your playing constantly like 4 or 5 hours a day. If your happy with the quiet, then stick with it, if you find it causes games to load to slow or lag during loading then try the Fast and see how you get on with it.

addyirv

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

excellent cheers for that hellboybell

Ranger72

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

I always use quite and never had any problems. Oblivion and Halo 3 works like a charm.

best thing is it don't sound like a jet engine ready to take off.

addyirv

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Oct 6 2007, 09:56 PM) *

I always use quite and never had any problems. Oblivion and Halo 3 works like a charm.

best thing is it don't sound like a jet engine ready to take off.

Haha i seen your based in cumbria where abouts, not too far away from me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ranger72

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(addyirv @ Oct 6 2007, 11:08 PM) *

Haha i seen your based in cumbria where abouts, not too far away from me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Cumberland MD. my friend. about 3 hours west of Baltimore and DC area.

Tron[ADS]

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

I use the slow firmware, but thats mainly because I also use my 360 to play WMV-HD's and if im playing them off disk rather than my external harddrive, I dont want the noise.

Hercules Man

• Archived User
Ixtreme Fast And Quite
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »

The firmware slow/fast will not cause BURNOUT. The option for slow read is for drives with poor media/weak laser.(or people who dont like airports). The 4X slow is a capability of the drive incase it in itself determines that there are read issues at 12X and reverts to slow read. The slow firmware forces 4X on recorded dl media at all times, but does not affect original which will still read at 12X regardless of slow/fast firmware. I would not like to say a drive reading at 4X would last any longer then a drive at 12X, either the drive can cope with reading the media or it cant, if it cant cope at 12 speed you might notice some clicking here and there, and that is down to the laser dropping off, and sometimes the drive will revert to 4X after a number of read fails at 12X on fast firmware. Hope this makes sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

H MAn

This post has been edited by Hercules Man: Oct 7 2007, 04:08 AM