xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Firmware For Benq  (Read 38 times)

technozone99

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« on: October 05, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

ok , i've seen the guides tutorials , so i know there is notin'
is commodore or maximus progressing at all on this firmware for the benq or it's pitch black?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

jah_warrior28

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

I'd like to know too, but I doubt we get any information.  Which I'm fine with because i'd rather they work on the firmware then watching this forum  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm on the verge of buying a sammy to spoof, but I don't want to spend the extra money and go through the whole process of the new firmware is about to come out.

Toddler

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »

The iXtreme for BenQ firmware is done, it has actually been done for quite some time.  C4E is holding the release until after the fall update just to be safe.

lpetersen

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 5 2007, 06:31 PM) *

The iXtreme for BenQ firmware is done, it has actually been done for quite some time.  C4E is holding the release until after the fall update just to be safe.

That's great!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Didn't know that! (Where did you get that info?)
Very smart move, I appreciate holding on to it until after the fall update! C4E rocks!

We still don't know when the fall update will come out right?

This post has been edited by lpetersen: Oct 5 2007, 05:42 PM

caster420

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 5 2007, 12:31 PM) *

Oh really... Who's your source?

The firmware is NOT done.  It is NOT being held.  It is still being worked on.  It still needs beta testing.  It is planned for a release after the fall update, hopefully before the end of October.  This is assuming testing goes as planned.

Caster.

MomDad

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 5 2007, 04:31 PM) *

Just to further caster's reply -- I think you're a bit confused, or a little out of date/out of touch with the news. c4eva had somewhat completed a plain Xtreme version of BenQ just prior to the wave bans after the release of Halo 3 beta -- "[10:11] <c4eva> Benq was done, before the banning, will change it to Ixtreme soon". Only after release of the current revisions of iXtreme for Hitachi did he begin working again on porting what he had done to a new iXtreme version of BenQ. That work has been on-going for quite some time now, and has not yet moved into core group beta testing.

His target is to have it out after the Fall update -- and that's just a target -- doesn't necessarily mean the day after the update. Could be a week, could be a couple weeks. It's not known yet exactly what the Fall update will entail, so there may be significant changes required to bring one or all of the fw's up to par again. c4eva does all this out of his own generosity, and believe it or not, he does have a real life which takes up a good chunk of his time. Yes, everyone is excited for the new fw, yes, it's hard to wait for something you want, but he thoroughly deserves your patience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It's human nature to want to appear/feel "in the know", but with things like this where the sheer number of people waiting, with eyes on every tidbit of info, makes ensuring what you're saying is actually true, of even greater importance. Unfounded ideas, and rumours of a rumour of a misinformed rumour just spiral out of control in such a case.

This post has been edited by MomDad: Oct 5 2007, 11:02 PM

Bahnzo

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(MomDad @ Oct 5 2007, 03:55 PM) *
Unfounded ideas, and rumours of a rumour of a misinformed rumour just spiral out of control in such a case.

Which is why it would be nice for him to make a statement to keep all of those (me included) waiting up to date.  Sure he's busy, aren't we all, for the most part, with real life. But taking a minute or two to send an email or make a post every so often would take care of all rumors and such.

Hercules Man

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bahnzo @ Oct 5 2007, 11:26 PM) *

Which is why it would be nice for him to make a statement to keep all of those (me included) waiting up to date.  Sure he's busy, aren't we all, for the most part, with real life. But taking a minute or two to send an email or make a post every so often would take care of all rumors and such.

I disagree, when there is something worth knowing we will be the first to hear it, and for now at least, its not a mail order service. Did u give him your cc details or what.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

H MAn

sosotiit

• Archived User
Firmware For Benq
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

that thread is exactly why we do not need or allow thread on When is the firmware going to be out?

speculation, arguments, and nothing good to support it.

closed, do not remake it