xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Message Using Iprep  (Read 27 times)

Gurriz

• Archived User
Error Message Using Iprep
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »

Hi, I'm going to flash my xbox 360 dvd drive firmware. I've been reading som guides and so on. I've tried set up a boot USB drive. But i never got into the program so i decided to try using a boot cd instead. When using a the NTFS4DOS boot cd. I get into the "program" but when it asks for my hard drive i enter it. After that a error message says "Error writing to drive A:" and i can chose Abort, retry, or fail.
I can't get this to work, please try to help me!

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

The boot cd does not work for reading and backing the firmware up.What kind of problems you had with usb drive?That's the most safe method for me.You can follow my sig if you want to know more about it.

Gurriz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(myfranco @ Oct 3 2007, 10:45 PM) *

The boot cd does not work for reading and backing the firmware up.What kind of problems you had with usb drive?That's the most safe method for me.You can follow my sig if you want to know more about it.

Okay, when i start the computer with the boot USB nothing happens. Also i try to select the USB drive first in boot priority but it's not even in the list.. I have a VIA chipset on a Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard. But i haven't been able to update my VIA drivers, i get an error message from the setup :/. Could that be the problem? I really appreciates the help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)