xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Spoof/unspoof Hitachis Which Are Already Spoofed  (Read 33 times)

myfranco

• Archived User
How To Spoof/unspoof Hitachis Which Are Already Spoofed
« on: September 15, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

It seems that a lot people are trying to swap benq drives with hitachis but after an unsuccessful key patching,the drive is not recognized as hitachi anymore so that drives look useless.The problem is even though you can put hitachis under modeB,Maximus Firmware Toolbox 4.0 doesn't recognize the drive as hitachi since it was already spoofed as Benq.In this case,you may think that the hitachi drive can't be used anymore.It's so easy to respoof/unspoof the hitachi drive even if it's spoofed as Pioneer drive!!!

The purpose of this tutorial is for people who buy new Xbox 360 with benq drives,managed to get the firmware and want to use a spoofed hitachi drives to play backup games.As it seems a lot of people can't find a good solution,i wanted to make this tutorial.

If,somehow,you fail what i'm trying to show here,i take no responsibility since this method has been used many times with 100% success.You need to do exactly what it's shown here to avoid any error.Ok here we go:

1-First,you need to download C4EVA_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_4_Stealth.rar and extract it somewhere.Copy the X-LG folder into C: drive. When you navigate into X-LG folder,you will see lots of EXE files.We only need to commands here --Memdump.exe and 47flash.exe(in case you have a v46 or v59 hitachi,you will use 46flash.exe or 59flash.exe respectively)
(IMG:http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2604/23408777nt8.jpg)

2- Flash the hitachi drive with this firmware(you can try iextreme firmware pack but i haven't used that pack for this method)

3-After flash is succesful,see if the drive ejects.Don't put the sata cable back.Now we use memdump command to dump the current firmware.For this,you need to be in the X-LG folder.For those who don't know how to go into X-LG folder,Start>Run>cmd  and look at the next picture:
(IMG:http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1698/77013069uq2.jpg)

4-Now it's time to use memdump command:
memdump X 12200 8 8000 myfranco.bin  (where X is your drive letter)

You will have myfranco.bin in the X-LG folder.Take this binary file ,open the Maximus Firmware Toolbox 4.0.
First patch the benq key,spoof the drive as BENQ and ENCRYPT the firmware.DO NEVER PROCESS BEFORE ENCRYPTING!!!! you brick your drive without any doubt.Be sure that latest Benq drive is not supported by Maximus Firmware Toolbox 4.0.Wait for updated revision if you have the latest Benq 64930C.

5-You have myfranco-e.bin (which is key patched,spoofed as benq and ENCRYPTED) .Put it into X-LG folder.

6-This time we use two commands to spoof the firmware:

47flash X 9003d000 1000 myfranco-e.bin (where X is your drive letter)  hit enter
47flash X 9003e000 1000 myfranco-e.bin (where X is your drive letter)  hit enter

7-Now ,we patch the key.For patching the key ,again in X-LG folder,we use:

code 47flash X 90004000 1000 myfranco-e.bin /code

Your drive is spoofed this way.If,one day,you want to unspoof/flash the drive,just use myfranco.bin.Encrypt it with Maximus Firmware Toolbox and write the same sectors(as quoted 47flash command).You don't need to memdump again since we already have a memdumped firmware.

I hope this helps people.If you want me to add some information,simply post to this topic.

End of Tutorial.

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Sep 18 2007, 12:51 AM

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

Sosoiit, i can't edit my first post.I'm posting the whole tutorial here and you can carry it to the top.Thank you.

-------------------------------------
DONE, great job  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
added to the FAQ
-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Sep 16 2007, 01:33 AM

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:33:00 AM »

Thank you and you're welcome biggrin.gif

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

I forgot to add how to patch the key.In the X-LG folder:

7th article:
47flash X 90004000 1000 myfranco-e.bin

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

Is there any way to put a Hitachi 47, in an elite in place of the 79FK, is there any way to get the key and replace without soldering

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(danked @ Jun 11 2008, 01:37 PM) *
is there any way to get the key and replace without soldering

No.

joshwaan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »

HI

I spoofed my hitachi 79 as a Samsung MS28. Oringinal games work no backups, I can't get back into Mode-B.

I flashed the key and the hacked firmware, what can I do to restore to original firmware I have?

Thanks

JOsh

joshwaan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »

Can someone please give me some advice please?

Trying to work out how to flash a spoofed hitachi 79 drive. It has been spoofed as a MS28 drive.

Thanks

Josh

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »

Well,as its reporting as a Samsung I dont think Slax will initiate modeb.

Try: http://xrl.us/or8tz

To set modeb.

Then, I THINK you can manually flash the sectors for Drive String ID, but......

As its a 79 this 'may' prove difficult.

joshwaan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

Thanks for that.

I'll give it a go. When I do get it back into Mode B I just need to flash the drive with extreme firmware how do i do this?

Cheers

Josh

coedshowers

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »

now that the liteon xtreme is out i flashed all my liteones to put back into my 360w and into my friends that left me with 3 liteons 59 78 and 47.. ALL i did was plug it into my sis chipset/sata onboard.
they wouldn't show up/go into mode  B on 2 diff machines with diff via cards.both my flashing machines i use were useless i was getting frustrated and thinking "slax hasn't worked mode B and open try haven't worked on the ck3 WTF is wrong!!!"
 then i unplug the sata hit the mode B button and eject the drive then power ck3 off and back on now the drive acts like it is in mode B.
 but the pc still wont recognize with via so i said well maybe ill try the on board it is just a hitachi after all they're not so chipset crippled like the sammys...
 and i was right the on board sis sata controllr/chipset worked perfect drive showed up as d:\    firmware toolbox picked it up and i dumped it "just to make sure it was seeing the drive right" the firmware dumped showed up as "hitachi spoofed as liteon" so i  loaded the unhacked firmware left the key all 00
( these are extra drives i'm not worried about the keys on them ) and click "differential flash ( patch )" then checked the "v59 and lower box( when i was doing the older drives ) and then just flashed it then went and dumped the firmware and it seemed to flash over just fine.. i think it might be a chipset issue with this so try your on board sata it might save you some headache or typing..