xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: If You Have The Wrong Dvd Key Or No Key Will Xbox 1 Games Play  (Read 46 times)

89c4l98

• Archived User

I read another post and need to claify .  If you have stock firmware with the wrong or missing dvd drive key  and put in a original xbox 1 game will it let you play the game? Halo 2 for example.  I put this in a 360 and it starts up like a dvd but then I forget the error message but no game. I got cheap and I was thinking drive key but It may be laser... thanks

All 360 games say to play this put it in a 360

sosotiit

• Archived User
If You Have The Wrong Dvd Key Or No Key Will Xbox 1 Games Play
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »

wrong key, games will not play (x360 and Xbox1)

rgds, soso

Lice_01

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

Yep, If the key is wrong you cannot play ANY games other than games from the HDD. How did you loose the key, If you explain what was done there might be a chance to save the key (really small chance), But still work a try.

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lice_01 @ Apr 13 2007, 12:44 AM) *

Yep, If the key is wrong you cannot play ANY games other than games from the HDD. How did you loose the key, If you explain what was done there might be a chance to save the key (really small chance), But still work a try.

I purchased a ebay broken 360...  it has 0102 and 3 rol.. I fixed that with some artic silver 5 and it booted to dash.  
  I then tried to play games and the no games will play and the to play this put it in a xbox 360 problem.

I have flashed a few 360's and realized what this message was from but someone said xbox 1 games would play which I doubted but just double checked in this spot on x-s.

The drive was obviously switched out so I am sol.  I will check the key to make sure it is there but I now have a 360 only dvd player until a way is found to get the key from the mb.

aznaG

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lice_01 @ Apr 13 2007, 05:14 AM) *

but can he play games from the HDD with a wrong key? Or with a modchip?

QUOTE(89c4l98 @ Apr 13 2007, 01:49 PM) *

I purchased a ebay broken 360...  it has 0102 and 3 rol.. I fixed that with some artic silver 5 and it booted to dash.  
  I then tried to play games and the no games will play and the to play this put it in a xbox 360 problem.

I have flashed a few 360's and realized what this message was from but someone said xbox 1 games would play which I doubted but just double checked in this spot on x-s.

The drive was obviously switched out so I am sol.  I will check the key to make sure it is there but I now have a 360 only dvd player until a way is found to get the key from the mb.

I think it isn't possible currently to extract the key from the MB. I know because i have the same problem as yours.

This post has been edited by aznaG: Apr 13 2007, 02:27 PM

Lice_01

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(aznaG @ Apr 13 2007, 09:32 AM) *

but can he play games from the HDD with a wrong key? Or with a modchip?

I was referring to Xbox Live Arcade games and Demos, not retail games on the hard drive.

QUOTE(aznaG @ Apr 13 2007, 09:32 AM) *

I think it isn't possible currently to extract the key from the MB. I know because i have the same problem as yours.

Yep, Its currently not possible to extract the DVD drive key from the motherboard, Hopefully this will become an option for us soon. But we will just have to wait it out.