xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble Reading Ms25 Sammy  (Read 39 times)

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
Trouble Reading Ms25 Sammy
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

Hey everyone, running into a bit of an issue..

Ive done dozens of ms25s on my machine before with 0 issues, however after flashing this particular drive, it would read all discs as cds. Immediatley I thought it was a problem with the drive key..but all in all the drive isnt bricked (still ejects, ect.). I remade the bin with x360sam, but now I cant get MTKFLASH to read the drive anymore.

Everytime I select which sata port it is, it freaks out with:

Port: efa8,Master/Slave: a0

Its an intel chipset which ive never had issues before. Also, if I cntrl/alt/delete after I get the message and check the bios, the drive mysteriously disappears, when clearly it was there before the attempted flash. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by bLiTz 2k: Feb 7 2007, 03:56 PM

jabski

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

do you have a via card handy ?? Might have to do the 10 second method. Strange how mtkflash is coming up with b****ks. maybe hex edit it ?

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(jabski @ Feb 7 2007, 04:26 PM) *

do you have a via card handy ?? Might have to do the 10 second method. Strange how mtkflash is coming up with b****ks. maybe hex edit it ?

Hi, thanks for the response...dont have a via chipset handy unfortunatley...I could try hotswapping my working ms25 with my intel chipset. Would that make a difference?

jabski

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

did you flash it with 5.2 or ???

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(jabski @ Feb 7 2007, 06:10 PM) *

did you flash it with 5.2 or ???

flashed with 5.0...but i believe i didnt do the drive key right at first since the drive still responds, is recognized at first by my pc, and is abled to be ejected with the laser responding. Which is why im so puzzled about MTKFLASH not liking my PC's sata connection out of nowhere (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

**UPDATE**

Guess its really not the drive because I just tried to read MY 100% working drive and I get the same error. Something had to get messed up with my PC..I'm going to try to flash it on a different machine and will update again..thanks alot for your help!

This post has been edited by bLiTz 2k: Feb 8 2007, 12:49 AM

jabski

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

i guess your have to try the drive on another pc or get a pci card and see if the same happens.

Edit: are you using the latest samhack that includes the /sata ??

This post has been edited by jabski: Feb 8 2007, 12:57 AM

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(jabski @ Feb 7 2007, 06:18 PM) *

i guess your have to try the drive on another pc or get a pci card and see if the same happens.

Edit: are you using the latest samhack that includes the /sata ??

hmm I wasnt using samhack, I was just using a regular mtkflash..it had the /sata in the commands list tho. I made a working firmware with the 360sam app included with the firmware, just cant get the drive to read (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by bLiTz 2k: Feb 8 2007, 01:26 AM

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Well still no luck here. I tried to flash it on a different machine and its not working. The other machine is an Intel 2770 rev2. MTKflash sees it as an ICH6...not sure if I need an edited mtkflash, but I dont think so. Im kinda relieved its definatley not the drive tho since i cant get it to recognize my drive either....any suggestions would help, thnx.