xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guide V2.0: Ms28+fussy Via Card. Dos Freezing Fix!  (Read 166 times)

homelesschicken

• Archived User
Guide V2.0: Ms28+fussy Via Card. Dos Freezing Fix!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(-PK- @ Feb 4 2007, 07:32 PM) *

Quickly type  mtkflash w /m /sata xtreme.bin in again

or you can just press f3  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

catatronix

• Archived User
Guide V2.0: Ms28+fussy Via Card. Dos Freezing Fix!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(-PK- @ Feb 5 2007, 02:53 PM) *

Steps 1-3 should make it not freeze, in step 3 try running the mtkflash a few times in a row before turning off the 360.  Are you using the internal sata port, if there's two try the other internal port.

Is your mtkflash edited for your chipset, or did you download a pre-patched mtkflash?  The prepatch only works for 6421L.
Are you using a via 6421 or an onboard via chipset?
Are you using a USB, Floppy, or a boot cd?
Out of curiosity, what motherboard do you have?

If that's not working try using a different pci slot.  You can also try unplugging the sata cable and plugging it into the other internal port imbetween step 3 & 4 (when your 360 is turned off), this is how I first came up with this method.
Also on my Rosewill RC212 6421A: external port B would lock up my pc 100% of the time, internal port C doesn't get detected, external port A & internal port D work fine (jumper setting to choose which port gets activated).

PK-

I am using SATA 6421A PCI Card  (VIA VT6421A),  every time port A freeze in Windows Xp and dos hang or freeze with hitachi drive. Port B/C does not detect in any condition....
I am able to work with BenQ and Samsung fine on port A no proble in dos, no work in Windows Xp freeze.

Am going to try using a different PCI slot like you mention....
Pages: 1 [2]