xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitatchi 78fk Drives Future?  (Read 79 times)

soopahfly

• Archived User
Hitatchi 78fk Drives Future?
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

Hi Guys.

I've had my 78fk drive flashed for a little while now (awesome work guys), and was wondering if that was it for the 78k.  Just the basic firmware mod.  Is there still any progression on the firmware for these drives to give us the same features as the Sammy drives, like the normal single layer xbox1 backups.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful, but I just curious as to whether we had reached the limit of what the drive could actually do.

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

We have not reached the end of what the drive can do, its whether the people who coded the frimware wish to continue development in those areas.  At this time, it seems as though there is less support for hitachi firmware and that support is being directed to other areas (kernel hacking).  I havent read any threads about a new hitachi firmware but time will tell.  

Caster.

OriginalCompGeek

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

C4E is the Firmware modding god, and he has chosen to work on TS-H943 firmware.  If he were working on Hitachis the role would probably be reversed.  Not to say the people still working on Hitachi firmware aren't skilled, but I think we've been getting all these Samsung goodies just because the Samsung has C4E support.

michaelboord

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

C4a == DVD Drive GOD

muhaha.gif