xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bricked Hitachi, Getting Key From Orig.bin, Put Into Sammy  (Read 43 times)

Alize

• Archived User
Bricked Hitachi, Getting Key From Orig.bin, Put Into Sammy
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:36:00 AM »

Hey Guys,

I have been inactive the past few months, I bricked my Hitachi and couldnt afford to replace it, now I have just ordered a new MS25 drive, I need to install it, but first I have to put in the new key.

Now, as it is bricked, I cannot get the firmware off it, however, i have the original firmare (Saved as ORIG.BIN and referenced as that from now on), Ive heard a bit about a 'toolbox', personally I never used tools, as when i did, it tend to brick my drives, however I have heard positive things.

Is there any easy way to switch my hitachi key to my Sammy or will I have to do it manually via hexediting? Is their any guides on doing it at all?

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:19:00 AM »

firmware toolbox 3.0 is the best ya can get and easiest.  it is your answer to all you questions.   just add your hitachi key to some sammy firmware and use the bat file to make your new xtreme firmware.  Very simple plus toolbox will make sure your firmware is valid by looking at it.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Jan 30 2007, 01:19 PM

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

You can use Samtool v0.5 to do this.  It can be found here. Simply put in a directory with your hitachi orig.bin and the samsung hacked.bin of your choosing (xtrem52A,B,C, or D) and it will create a ready to flash hacked firmware for you.  Then follow the normal procedures for flashing it to your drive.  

The usage of the program is as follows:

samtool <original firmware name> <hacked samsung firmware name>

It will find and display your key and will detect/display the versions of both firmwares.  If the versions dont match, it will ask you if you want to make the hacked firmware the same as the original.  In your case, you want to press 'Y'.

Very simple.

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: Jan 30 2007, 02:11 PM

Pikeyp

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »

Thanks for this...
What program do you use to flash the firmware after it is hacked?

Thanks....

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

You can do one of two things.

A )  On your boot device (however you do it), in the directory where you have samread.bat, samhack.bat, mtkflash.exe, etc... create a directory called BACKUPS.  Then create a directory in backups with the first 7 digits of your s/n.  Then create a directory within this directory with the last 5 digits of your s/n.  Then place your hacked.bin in that directory.

So, you will end up with something like this:

Backups/1234567/12345/hacked.bin

Then, run samhack as usual, samhack 1234567 12345, (replacing with your s/n of course).

This will flash the hacked.bin found in that directory.  If your hacked firmware file is named something other than that, you must rename it to hacked.bin

B )  Use mtkflash directly.  Put mtkflash.exe and mtkflash.typ in a directory on your boot device along with your hacked firmware (lets call it hacked.bin but it can be anything).  THen you type:

mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin

Its that simple.

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: Jan 30 2007, 02:45 PM

Pikeyp

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »

Many Thanks...