xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Open Tray Error With Samsung Drive And Flash 5.2b  (Read 40 times)

Malacius

• Archived User
Open Tray Error With Samsung Drive And Flash 5.2b
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey guys,

I have a problem; I have a Samsung drive which has been flashed with xtremeflash 5.2b.
It works well, i have a NEC 3500AG burner and ive burned several games at 1x and at 2.4x on verbatim discs.
But when i try to boot one up first time( when i didnt use the xbox for some period of time ) it works well and all games boot. But when I play a game for like 30 minutes or more , and i turn of the xbox or go to dashboard, the game wont start anymore, u hear spinning some time and after 'reading' it says 'open tray' .
When i put in another game ive burned ( verbatim again ) it wont boot anymore too, same error.
But when I leave the xbox off for like 5-10 minutes i can play again and all games will boot like nothing happened. And when i shut down or go to dashboard again the whole cyclus repeats i just discribed.
The dude who flashed my xbox gave me a game, not burned on a verbatim, however this game does boot at all times, even when i played another game for 3 hours, it will still boot. I want all my games i burn to act like this game he gave me, it cant be my xbox right? What am i doing wrong, My burner has latest NEC 3500 firmware so thats ok, any tips please how to fix this?
Thanks in Advance

hitman30

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

sounds like you need to do the rubber band trick i had the same problem and it worked 100% for me im almost 100% sure it will work for you the same and its very simple to do .
hope this helps

coolnyc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

i got the same Issue at first what i did was Reflash with 5.2C and no more open tray issue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

reflash with other version before doing rubberband trick

Malacius

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »

I do not want to open up my xbox to perform a rubber band trick.
And, yesterday ive tried some premium dvds that a friend gave me and they seemed to boot just like that game the dude gave me when he flashed my xbox. So cant it really be the media im using and might verbatim nog be that good as they say?

Malacius

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »

BTW, he flashed it with C, i just called him.

crazyeddy17

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

Malacius--

I have been having the same problem, with the same drive, with the same media.  I am also going to try a different media.  My system only has to sit with power off for a minute, and I guess if media doesnt work, ill live with it as i dont feel like reflashing the drive.  If you come up with something that solves it besides the rubber band trick please let me know!

Xbox360Guru

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 01:45:00 AM »

Burn your games at 4x and no more open tray issue.