xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms28 - Flash Locked Up At 48% - Now, E65 And Eject Not Working-center  (Read 120 times)

aaronx1979

• Archived User

Drive = Ms28
SATA card = VIA 6421A

USB STick created with Xtreme Bootmaker

I followed the 10 sec Bad Flash recovery method for flashing like I always do with Ms28s but this time there was a problem

ON the single line updating from 0-100 on the single line it stopped at 48% --

Now when my xbox boots up the center of the LED is blinking (like hitachi in modeb) and the EJECT BUTTON is NOT working. with the 360's sata hooked into the drive, it returns the error e65's

Ive tried to do the badflash method once again but this time no matter what time I wait, 2 sec, 10 or 12 -- nothing, no flashing. it finds the 1:XTRME PRI MASTER - but it just hangs on Port: 9c00, Master/Slave: a0

if I hit escape out of mtkflash I get
status = 00 or 80, should be 70

Im totally stumped I really need to get this working ASAP --

XBOX360NYMODING

• Recovered User
Ms28 - Flash Locked Up At 48% - Now, E65 And Eject Not Working-center
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

find your self a local moder and bring the orig bin with you.
the local moder will be able to fix your drive with out a problem

sorry to hear about your bad flashing

if you can not find a local shop give me a pm i will be able to flash it back and to the newest firmware for you for a small fee

This post has been edited by XBOX360NYMODING: Jan 1 2007, 01:46 AM

angry_rabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

Misflashed!
Make sure u have the key and put in u're key into the update f/w code.
Do this
Mtkflash E/sata
To erase flash then start again
Best and most reliable use NF3 mobo and boot with a dos floppy works 100% every time for me!

aaronx1979

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

having a hard time putting what you said together Angryrabbit can you repeat clearly please?

DoctorWho1945

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »

i could fix the drive for you hit me up on a PM

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

Sorry i misunderstood.

This post has been edited by myfranco: Jan 1 2007, 11:29 AM

foaley77

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

I just bought a Faulty xbox that has this error 64,65 the guy said he bought it off someone that tried to do the VCC switch on the MS 28

Questions

Would I still be able to get the key off the drive as the dvd drive will not eject
I think the points where the vcc switch goes might have come off

these are some emails I got from the guy selling it

The console was working when I got it but occasionally the error would come up & the drive would not open. It does not open at all now.

I was told that the previous owner tried to mod the dvd drive but didn’t succeed as it would only play original 360 games. Thus the dvd drive is not modded just was attempted. May be able to fix for the right person.  
The guy didn’t give me the key as he never succeeded to mod the drive and it worked fine for a while only playing original games, thus why I believe he never did it correctly. He told me at the time he only tried to do the solder mod for the MS28 drive & hadn’t tried to flash it. I did get a tech guy to look at the drive & he said that it needed a loop wire inside the drive to connect 2 points but he didn’t have his tools to do it at the time. Not sure what he meant!!!!!

The console has recently displayed error codes "64 & 65" & the DVD drive does not open at all. It does not load to the dashboard. This console had been opened by the previous owner as the Microsoft sticker had been removed B4 I had opened up the unit. If the dvd drive is disconnected from the motherboard then it boots to the dashboard. The DVD drive is a Samsung/Toshiba.

Can someone tell me where the resistor goes is it where the yellow mark is? if I fix this up will it not bring up the error and should I be able to get the key off it using my VIA card ( I have done a ms 28 before)

I have bought this xbox but have not payed him as of yet

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/foaley77/xbox%20360/samsung28VCCmark.jpg)

This post has been edited by foaley77: Jan 2 2007, 06:35 AM

vinomarky

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(foaley77 @ Jan 2 2007, 06:03 AM) *

Questions

Would I still be able to get the key off the drive as the dvd drive will not eject
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/foaley77/xbox%20360/samsung28VCCmark.jpg)

Hi Foaley,

I actually have the dubious honour to say that I messed up my first MS28 in a hamfisted attempt at using the VCC trick (hence why I am always against other newbies doing this!) - It gave the same rapid flashing green light.....

I WAS able to extract the key though, using the badflash technique.

btw, you only need to put a blob of solder betwen the points covered by your yellow line.

aaronx1979

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

Im being told hot swapping this drive is the best way...

tryin to find a really good tutorial for this

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(aaronx1979 @ Jan 4 2007, 08:50 AM) *

Im being told hot swapping this drive is the best way...

tryin to find a really good tutorial for this

¨
Even if you switch dvd drive, you still need to extract the key from the original drive first. So try get it to dump the firmware so you can get the key, THEN you can start worry about finding a replacement drive. Kind of useless to waste money on another drive if you can't get out the key imo.

hiros

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

Guys,

Just to let you know that I could finally recover my bad flashed ms28 today!

Symptom:
- Had a bad flash on my ms28 when flashing X52D
- Flashing stopped at bank2 22%...
- 10sec method was no longer working
- eject tray was not working

How I could fix:
- No special trick but just perseverance with the 10sec method using VIA6421 chipset SATA...
- The procedure used was the same as 10sec method, but changed the timing slightly
- It worked when I power on the xbox360 DVD and simultaneously hit the keyboard to select VIA6421 port
- Had to try many times (>20) to get it wok but it paid off

Good luck

davet111

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

this works.  dont even bother counting to ten.  that doesnt work.  do this.  i spent 4 hours messing with counting, then tried this for 30 minutes and got it.

tongman2

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »

I did the same thing... it stopped flashing at 50% because my floppy had read errors!

I fixed it by trying the "10 second" bad flash method over and over, for many hours actually... Adjust your timing slightly each time, because it is not exactly 10 seconds.   Try 9 seconds, try 11 seconds, try lots of different timings.  It IS in the ballpark of 10 seconds, but not exactly.

Best of luck.