xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help Replacing Dvd Drive  (Read 19 times)

osekome

• Archived User
Please Help Replacing Dvd Drive
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:54:00 AM »

I used to have a hitachi 46 that i had flashed with the early firmwares which was working great until i reflashed it again and bricked it.I have bought a new ms25 drive and i would be gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to enter the key on the newer 5.1 firmware and then flash the drive to work on my console.A little info:
I have the orig.bin from my older drive for the key.
My xbox360 is 2005 manufactured.
My sata are nvidia nforce4 and silicon image sil3132.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(osekome @ Dec 30 2006, 12:01 PM) *

I used to have a hitachi 46 that i had flashed with the early firmwares which was working great until i reflashed it again and bricked it.I have bought a new ms25 drive and i would be gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to enter the key on the newer 5.1 firmware and then flash the drive to work on my console.A little info:
I have the orig.bin from my older drive for the key.
My xbox360 is 2005 manufactured.
My sata are nvidia nforce4 and silicon image sil3132.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Ok first thing first get copy of xtreme boot maker so it will make a bootable flash key and it will hex edit your mtkflash to work with your Nvidia SATA.  Your Silicon sata will not work for samsung.  once you have the bootable flash key made shut down pc.  remove all IDE cables and have only the samsung drive hooked up.  power on the 360 then power on the PC.  boot from the bootable flash key you made.  then select the option to backup your drives firmware.  once it is done shut down and plug all your stuff back in and boot back into windows.  

Open the old Hitachi Firmware backup you have (very important) in Firmware toolbox and copy the key from the original Hitachi 47 drives firmware. then Open the orig.bin file from your samsung you just made on your flash key in Firmware Toolbox and replace the key in the orig.bin with the one from your Hitachi 47 drive and save. now make your new firmware with the bat file from the Xtreme 5.1 release,  place orig.bin you just edited with the right key in the xtreme directory and double click the bat file and select the option to make the firmware report as a Hitachi 47 drive.  Once that is done you will have a file called X51C.bin ( recommend C).  

Now Shut down the PC and remove all IDE cables and have only the samsung drive hooked up.  power on the 360 then power on the PC.  boot from the bootable flash key you made.  then select the option to flash X51C.bin and it will probobly say it doesnt recognize the firmware but that is not a prob continue anyway.  Once this is done power down the PC and 360 and hook the samsung sata cable up power it on and test it out.  Let us know how this works for ya.

BTW: E66 is no longer an issue for Samsung Drives because they can appear like the original to the 360 now.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Dec 30 2006, 12:44 PM

vinomarky

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:47:00 AM »

Suggest you get the tutorial from;
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...xtbook+tutorial

This will set you straight as to how to upload your new firmware.

In order to create your new firmware, since your original is a Hitachi firmware I am not sure that the automated batch script with v5.1 will work, so you would probably want to do the following;

1. Download the new firmware toolbox 3.0
2. Open your old firmware in it, and copy the original key
3. Open a 5.1 firmware in the toolbox, and paste the key into it - hit 'replace key'
4. Select 'Tools - Spoof firmware', and select Samsung - MS25 (Apply Spoof)
5. Exit and flash the newly created firmware onto your drive using the guide

osekome

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »

Thans for the reply.I am trying to flash the new drive with the 5.2 firmware( i gave up on the 5.1) without any success.I flashed the firmware as directed to,(entered old lg46d key,spoofed the firmware for 46d,flashed it with ntfsdos from the hard drive i created a small parition on my primary hard drive and used xtreme boot maker to prepare it) but nothing works.When i connect the ms 25 drive on my xbox the center green light is   constantly flashing green.Another problem is that the new drive does not specify witch model is, on the sticker.I bought it from e-bay(from gameconsolehk) as an ms 25 but i am not sure if  thats the case.Please help

osekome

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »

i opened the dvd drive and the model is ts-h943A BG41-00258A REV 00 2005.02.21