xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Swaping 360's Dvd Drives  (Read 80 times)

Chode8

• Archived User
Swaping 360's Dvd Drives
« on: December 25, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

Hey guys, just a bit confused here. Originally I had a Hitachi with a my 360 and flashed it fine and all. After doing a friends I decided I wanted his Samsung so I decided it would just be easier to just swap consoles and keep out hard drives. The thing is that I can only play downloaded content on the profile that it is downloaded on and not other. So now I just want to swap DVD drives so my original console has his Samsung and his console has my Hitachi. I do have both drives and able to get the keys at will. Just asking if someone could give me a general outline of what to do seeing as though this is my first time swapping DVD drives from 360's. Thanks a lot!

chase

• Archived User
Swaping 360's Dvd Drives
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »

basically.. you would have to insert the dvd keys that originally belonged to that console into the FW you want to use and re-flash any drive.

read :

HERE (PART 5)

and the guides :

HERE

hope it helps

This post has been edited by chase: Dec 26 2006, 05:53 AM

rwk71

• Archived User
Swaping 360's Dvd Drives
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

or you could just recover ur profile to that console. but your win lose record will restart is the only bad thing.
if your console is pre- 5-06 i'd make sure the one your trading for is also. because of the locking a console to a drive shit.

Chode8

• Archived User
Swaping 360's Dvd Drives
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

Is the Hitachi key in the same location as the Samsung's?

chase

• Archived User
Swaping 360's Dvd Drives
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

it should be .. if it wasn't, the tutorials or guides would have stated otherwise.