xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Step By Step Tutorial On How To Flash Ms25&ms28  (Read 1539 times)

cronaldo

• Archived User
Step By Step Tutorial On How To Flash Ms25&ms28
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

hi myfranco.

ive got it reading.  was something to do with my settings of pc.

ive managed to read the firmware from the ms28.

now im trying to write i get msg saying ERR: fail to open input file.

I am doing the 10 sec trick and spellings are correct.

any ideas?

thanks

all solved...xtreme.bin was in incorect directory.

thanks again for all your help.

daytona

• Archived User
« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

Hey guys,

Is the bokes patch mandatory for the MS25 drives are well?

Thanks

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(daytona @ Nov 19 2007, 05:58 PM) View Post

Hey guys,

Is the bokes patch mandatory for the MS25 drives are well?

Thanks

while reflashing yes.You better click it.

Brownstone80

• Archived User
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

I Have a m25 drive and I have flashed 1.3 to my it and when I boot up the xbox I get a red light on light 4 and an error 66. So I have read some post and it says to try different firmwares. Problem is...Now I cannot read or write to my drive. I have tried the 10 sec trick a few times, but no go. Any other things I can try?

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Opus00 @ Dec 6 2007, 11:32 PM) View Post

Hi myfranco

I've been reading a lot around the forum for a sollution to my problem, but to no avail. I'm sure you are getting tired off all these noobish questions, but here goes:

I have a ms25, xblaster NE and nforce4 (X16 AMD) chipset. I have the xblaster set to the following: PC, mode off, power on.
I have tried samsung autoflasher, newest iprep and xtremebootmaker 0.3.6 on both usb stick and floppy. Custom firmware: ixtreme 1.3.  
When I run mtkflash r /m orig.bin (or equivalent) it finds the drive, but when I select it (master) it's adress and location (a090 and a0) pops up, and then nothing happens...
When i press esc to halt the operation it says "00 should be 70"
I have tried all the different channels on the S-ATA controller, and different s-ata cables.
I power up the xbox360 after booting into dos.
I have tried once with the s-ata cable connected directly to the drive while using the autoflasher.

I don't konw what more to do, and I'm getting pretty frustrated here. After what i've gathered the ms25 should be the easiest one to flash...

I can't find the VIA s-ata controller here in Norway, but I guess I could always import it.
I'm gonna try flashing it at a friend tomorrow. He has a standard nforce4 chipset.

Thanks

Most possibly,your drive is already flashed.If so,you can not directly flash your drive without unlocking the firmware.For now and your future problems,i recommend you to buy a via 6421 sata card.If you can't buy it at the moment,find an old firmware pack like 3.x or 4.x and burn the enable.iso into a dual layer dvd.Before mtkflashing,put that dvd into xbox 360 and wait for 15 sec(sata cable is connected to pc).After that,mtkflash will be unlocked.

QUOTE(Brownstone80 @ Dec 7 2007, 12:12 AM) View Post

I Have a m25 drive and I have flashed 1.3 to my it and when I boot up the xbox I get a red light on light 4 and an error 66. So I have read some post and it says to try different firmwares. Problem is...Now I cannot read or write to my drive. I have tried the 10 sec trick a few times, but no go. Any other things I can try?

You can try different timings like 15,20 sec.If you have your orig.bin and can create a hacked.bin with it,you can erase the firmware by:

mtkflash e

you need to do it two times to make sure you erase the firmware.After that,no 10 sec trick is needed since you will have a ms25 without firmware.However,You can try without 10 sec trick now to see if the firmware is corrupted.

RichMR2

• Archived User
« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(thepiecesfit @ Dec 7 2007, 07:24 AM) View Post

Interesting tutorial but the latest iprep does all and more with a single program.  

A) make boot disk on thumb drive
cool.gif boot from thumb drive
C) type in one command to read firmware, turn on drive , turn off  do 10 second trick /reboot another to write firmware repeat the 10 second trick.  no switches or complicated steps.  

Why do all that work? When one program does it all

That's exactly how I did it and still do it. Only had 1 problem and that was when it didn't spoof my MS25 (user error, I must have overlooked the question when it asked) but even that was easily fixable. iPrep does work wonders but there are some who it doesn't work for so it does help to have another way of doing it.

Opus00

• Archived User
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(myfranco @ Dec 7 2007, 04:56 AM) *

Most possibly,your drive is already flashed.If so,you can not directly flash your drive without unlocking the firmware.For now and your future problems,i recommend you to buy a via 6421 sata card.If you can't buy it at the moment,find an old firmware pack like 3.x or 4.x and burn the enable.iso into a dual layer dvd.Before mtkflashing,put that dvd into xbox 360 and wait for 15 sec(sata cable is connected to pc).After that,mtkflash will be unlocked.

You can try different timings like 15,20 sec.If you have your orig.bin and can create a hacked.bin with it,you can erase the firmware by:

mtkflash e

you need to do it two times to make sure you erase the firmware.After that,no 10 sec trick is needed since you will have a ms25 without firmware.However,You can try without 10 sec trick now to see if the firmware is corrupted.

I don't think it's been flashed before, since it's brand new... I know I'm the first one to open it, and break the microsoft sticker.

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #427 on: December 08, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(thepiecesfit @ Dec 7 2007, 09:24 AM) View Post

Interesting tutorial but the latest iprep does all and more with a single program.  

A) make boot disk on thumb drive
cool.gif boot from thumb drive
C) type in one command to read firmware, turn on drive , turn off  do 10 second trick /reboot another to write firmware repeat the 10 second trick.  no switches or complicated steps.  

Why do all that work? When one program does it all

Really? I didn't know that.You're very smart guy.We need guys like you in this forum.We're looking forward to seeing your iprep tutorial with pictures.Ahh i forgot,there will be lots of questions about anyting goes wrong.I'm sure you can respond to all these questions with hundreds of p.m. a year.

BTW,did you check when this topic has started and iprep came out? Would give you a hint.

greg07

• Archived User
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

I apologize in advance in case this bas been talked about before, but is it possible to flash a ms25/28 with a sata-to-usb cable rather than with the via sata card? I only have a laptop... so it'd be my only option. I don't have the courage to read the 39 pages. Thanks for any help!

Btw, Myfranco, thank you for your guide!

Cliffdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #429 on: January 03, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(gam3r @ Dec 29 2006, 03:09 PM) View Post

and is a torx10 essential to open the 360?

Yes it is essential to open the 360 in my opinion.  The screws are tight and you need the right tool to unscrew them.  However, There is another option.  You can use a flat head screwdriver if the head is small enough, but I doubt the average person will have such a tiny flat head.  So just go to home depot like I did and buy one for $5 because I tried and I don't think anything else will work (alan wrench, etc...)

jon10110

• Archived User
« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

i have a quick question. i flashed my ms25 drive with ixtreme 1.4 via iprep... i have a via chipset and it said everything was okay. i rebooted the 360 and for some reason my drive wasnt working anymore... i had to use the vcc resistor method and i am an able solderer. when i try to reflash using that method i get everything set and then i go to the xtreme option (2 for me) then i turn off the 360 and turn the switch off as im supposed to do, turn the 360 back on and then press 2 and turn on the switch at the same time( the same way i originally flashed it) all seems well but when it goes to update it stays at 0%... the same with reading, it just wont go past the 0% marker.. please help me if you can....

ghostsofdecepticon420

• Archived User
« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

First off, thanks for the tutorial.  One of the easiest!  But, I can't get my MS25 to even read the fw for the initial key retrieval.

Here's what I got:
I have an XFX 680i motherboard with an Nforce 590/570/550 Onboard SATA controller.  I am assuming this chipset should work with the MS25's based on what I've read here and elsewhere. I used Xtreme Boot Maker 3.5 to create my USB flash with no problems (seemingly).  I used the first sata selection in conjunction with the first in my device manager:

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

After the USB was prepped, I restarted, booted to the USB ran "mtkflash r /m orig.bin"
Got the select one drive with 2 XTREME choices - 1 and 2. (I made sure to disconnect EVERYTHING except the XBOX drive and the USB drive!)  Either selection gives me the I/o address and either a0 or b0 and it just sits there.

I have spent the last 3 days reading every single post on this thread and tried everything: replaced sata cables, tried every sata port, tried every sata controller selection in XBM, tried the 5-10-15-20-30 etc second trick, tried powering the xbox on before powering the pc on and after booting to dos.

I am at a point where I am about to give up.  Honestly I don't want to have to buy an extra SATA card if I don't have to, but if it's necessary.....

I looked in my bios and RAID is disabled.  But what about the 'eSata' options.  SHould they be turned off?
Also, I noticed that the one SATA HD that I have (and used that sata connection to the XBOX) is on the secondary channel of the first SATA controller.  Would this be an issue as well?

IPB Image

Any help is greatly appreciated!  And thanks again for a kickass tutorial! Short, sweet and to the point.

ghostsofdecepticon420

• Archived User
« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

I just got to work this morning and my work PC has an ICH8 Sata controller.  From what I read, this should work fine with the MS25 - is that correct?  If so, I will attempt to flash it here (well, tomorrow since I don't have it with me).  Heh, one of the benefits of being a PC technician is I have access to a wide range of PC's with different SATA chipsets.

ghostsofdecepticon420

• Archived User
« Reply #433 on: April 08, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »

The ICH8 Chipset worked perfectly with my MS25!  Flashed and tested with original media.  Now to test a backup.  Unfortunately I used Textbook's tutorial, which is not exactly the same as this one, BUT - I learned alot from this and other tutorials.  Myfranco, you are an asset to the XBOX mod community!  Thanks again for the great tutorial and thanks to all the others that had a helping hand in making it possible!

Pathogenic

• Archived User
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »

DEAR SHITCAKES! thank you! i was trying to flash my ms25 using the iprep method but no matter what i did i could not get to work. This method worked without a hitch! thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30