xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Step By Step Tutorial On How To Flash Ms25&ms28  (Read 1541 times)

Abacadaba

• Archived User
Step By Step Tutorial On How To Flash Ms25&ms28
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

First, thank you for posting a great tutorial.

I am having a bit of a problem though. My computer wont write to the USB port in Dos mode. I have read this thread and scanned the forums. I could not find anything although I was rather exhausted and frustrated after a while.

I'm using a Verbatim 1GB flash drive. I have a NForce 4 Mobo (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe) and a m-25 disk drive. I unplugged all drives from the mobo. It recognizes the M-25.

This is the error...
C:\>mtkflash r /m orig.bin
MTKFLASH by Joseph Lin, MTK 1998 (ver 1.83c)
please wait...
Drive Scaned:
1: XTREME Prim Master
2: XTREME Pri Slave
choose one drive:1
Port 9f0, Master/Slave: a0

Flash Type : "SST(SST39SF020)"

Reading.....01%
General failure writing drive C
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?R
Reading.....02%
General failure writing drive C
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?

If I keep hitting Retry or Ignore it will go up to 100% then reset back to 1%. It makes a file called "orig.bin" on the flash drive but its only 1kb.

Any recommendations would be great, sorry if I missed the answer for this somewhere.

babe69

• Archived User
« Reply #406 on: November 12, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(babe69 @ Nov 11 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post

so here what i have do while  waiting

when  mtkflash r /m orig.bin  

i got    1- IDE SEC MASTER    which is i think is my main hdd

after trying couples times the command  i finally got    1- IDE SEC MASTER
                                                                               2- IDE SEC SLAVE     must be xbox360

so turn off xbox , choose 2  ( got port:170 master/slave : b0 )  
wait 10 sec.
turn on xbox

wait wait wait ...........nothing appear

so hitting esc  then got    status 51  should be 70

trying the  mtkflash r /m orig.bin   again  and again only got   1-IDE SEC MASTER

what's wrong ??

thanks for the help

problem solved !!

for thoses who have problem in dos  when sata card not detected ,  with vt6421 raid

DO NOT PLUS THE SATA CABLE ON THE SLUT BEHIND THE PC , PLUG IT ON THE PLUG INSIDE THE PC .

result :  sata detected and easy to flash

bye

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #407 on: November 12, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Astronutty @ Nov 9 2007, 12:14 AM) View Post

I've read every post in this thread, took me around 6 hours (in between students needing my assistance). I tried to answer the questions that came up in my own mind, then see if I was correct when myfranco responded. It has been a great learning experience.

MyFranco, you are very patient and have made an excellent tutorial.

I wish to present you with my highest honor, six Xbox's IPB Image.

Steve

Thank you for your compliment.I wish i could get those 6 xboxes smile.gif

QUOTE(babe69 @ Nov 13 2007, 04:27 AM) View Post

problem solved !!

for thoses who have problem in dos  when sata card not detected ,  with vt6421 raid

DO NOT PLUS THE SATA CABLE ON THE SLUT BEHIND THE PC , PLUG IT ON THE PLUG INSIDE THE PC .

result :  sata detected and easy to flash

bye

That is what i was going to say.I mentioned that somewhere on the previous pages.However,it's good to have solved the problem and reported here.
slot NOT slut biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Abacadaba @ Nov 13 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

First, thank you for posting a great tutorial.

I am having a bit of a problem though. My computer wont write to the USB port in Dos mode. I have read this thread and scanned the forums. I could not find anything although I was rather exhausted and frustrated after a while.

I'm using a Verbatim 1GB flash drive. I have a NForce 4 Mobo (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe) and a m-25 disk drive. I unplugged all drives from the mobo. It recognizes the M-25.

This is the error...
If I keep hitting Retry or Ignore it will go up to 100% then reset back to 1%. It makes a file called "orig.bin" on the flash drive but its only 1kb.

Any recommendations would be great, sorry if I missed the answer for this somewhere.

I think there are two things causing trouble:
1- Your flash disk might have bad sector(s).You can check that by formatting it and copying a file like 700-800mb and then copy it back to your harddrive.
2-Your sata cable might be broken.Try your harddrive's sata cable or any sata cable that works.

Abacadaba

• Archived User
« Reply #408 on: November 12, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(myfranco @ Nov 12 2007, 10:32 PM) View Post

I think there are two things causing trouble:
1- Your flash disk might have bad sector(s).You can check that by formatting it and copying a file like 700-800mb and then copy it back to your harddrive.
2-Your sata cable might be broken.Try your harddrive's sata cable or any sata cable that works.

Checked on both of those. I copied over a 800mb file to the flash and then back to HD, no bytes were missing and it worked fine. I used 3 different SATA cables, including the one on my HD right now. No go. sad.gif

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Could this be it? Although its not in RAID, according to Asus's website, my MoBo uses Sillicon Image RAID drivers (Silicon Image 3114 SATA RAID driver V1.1.9.9 for Windows XP(WHQL)/2K/2003). I was confused since it is a NForce 4 SLI chipset. The manual has this in it under mobo spec summary:

[Storage]
NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI chipset Supports:
 - 2 Ultra DMA 133/100/66/33
 - 4 Serial ATA 3Gb/s drivers
 - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 1 +0 and JBOD that spans across the Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drives.
Silicon Image 3114R RAID contoller supports:
 - 4 x Serial ATA with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 1 +0 and RAID 5 Configuration

Later in the manual is lists internal connections as:
4. Serial ATA connectors (7-pin SATA 1, SATA 2, SATA 3, SATA 4) [nForce]
5. Serial ATA RAID connection (7-pin SATA_RAID1, SATA_RAID2, SATA_RAID3, SATA_RAID4) [Silicon Image]

Abacadaba

• Archived User
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »

I got it working, I had to go out and get a floppy drive and use "Textbooks" walk through. Even though I didn't get Myfranco's way to work, he still had a ton of respect for all the help he has given.

I switched back and forth between:
This walk through on Flash Drive and Floppy drive using every suggestion I could find.
Textbooks walk though on flash, CD & HD, and finally on Floppy.
This took around 20 hours of time.

Keep at it and eventually something will work.
Thanks again for the help.

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »

It's strange that flash stick doesn't work but floppy works.
Doesn't matter whose tutorial you follow.It only matters which one works for you smile.gif

poisonous

• Archived User
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2007, 07:28:00 AM »

Hi,

just new trying to find out how to flash my console.

I have got the latest version of Xtreme boot maker.  v5.0.3 (rc3).    have loaded Xtreme 5.3.

When I click on the general options tab it says no device configured.

when I click on the use custom controller.   should I then select standard dual pci ide controller?

the mb has via vt8237 chipset.

thank you for your help and hard work on this tutorial

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rick21 @ Nov 14 2007, 03:00 PM) View Post

Does this tutorial work for Ixtreme firmware too?
In a few hours im gonna flash my MS28 for the first time, so forgive me if this is already asked but im checking just to be sure and because i think im gonna use this tut if it works for Ixtreme too

Yes of course.Get the multispeed ixtreme 1.3(the latest) and choose one of the firmwares inside the zip folder.Ignore the error XBM giving.

Hi,

just new trying to find out how to flash my console.

I have got the latest version of Xtreme boot maker. v5.0.3 (rc3). have loaded Xtreme 5.3.

When I click on the general options tab it says no device configured.

when I click on the use custom controller. should I then select standard dual pci ide controller?

the mb has via vt8237 chipset.

thank you for your help and hard work on this tutorial

I'm still using 0.3.6 and i think you need to open a firmware first.There must be a via controller tab to select.
If you want ,you can add these two screenshots and we can decide what to do

Edit reason:Typo

poisonous

• Archived User
« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(myfranco @ Nov 15 2007, 04:00 AM) View Post

Yes of course.Get the multispeed ixtreme 1.3(the latest) and choose one of the firmwares inside the zip folder.Ignore the error XBM giving.
I'm still using 0.3.6 and i think you need to open a firmware first.There must be a via controller tab to select.
If you want ,you can add these two screenshots and we can decide what to do

Edit reason:Typo

All is good thanks.   I selected the standard dual pci ide controller as it was the only 1 to work and give me the chanel id in xtreme boot maker.  I made my boot drive with Xtreme 5.3c.  I chose c as it starts as default fast to read dvd+rw DL.    

when I typed the mtkflash command, I got 2 options.  extreme controller and via vt8237.  I chose the first 1.  It read my firmware.    then back to windows to use xbox firmware toolbox ver2.0.   extracted my key. backed it up. wrote it down. emailed it etc.   then opened the 5.3 firmware and pasted and replaced the key.   flashed my ms28 drive and it said it was done sucessfully.

tested with back of my moh airbourne assult and working fine.

I am just dl an arcade game from xbox live atm.   so that is still working as well

cheers

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #414 on: November 15, 2007, 05:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(ourmuse @ Nov 15 2007, 02:11 AM) View Post

Help!!! I'm using this tutorial to the tee and still can't get the ms28 to recognize.  I bought the freaking 6421 card to use in my nforce 4 board and no luck..what am i doing wrong?  I flashed a ms25 without the card and it worked fine..but I need to flash this ms28.

You need to setup its drivers and use the interior port of via 6421.Ms28 is firmware locked and you can unlock it by:

-mtkflash r /m orig.bin   enter
-Before chooisng extreme primary or secondary master turn 360 off
-Make your selection
-Wait 10 sec and tur 360 on.

you do the same for flashing too.This is called "10 sec trick"
It can be different timing sometime such as ~12-15-18 sec.

MaxMOrz

• Archived User
« Reply #415 on: November 15, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Hi everyubody...i need to flash my samsung ms28...but with what program?and do i need a sata card if I have a sata in my motherbord?Can anyvdoy explane me step be step?

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(ourmuse @ Nov 16 2007, 02:44 AM) View Post

Wow, I feel dumb...I must have read the tutorial a hundred times...I read about the 10 second trick but must not have understood it fully... It worked, (thanks) but now I have a new problem...I burned some games (backups of originals of course) I used memorex and they don't seem to be working...I used nero for one and roxio for two of them.  None of them worked...well they were trying to read but one came out as a mixed media disc, one said unreadable (nero one) and the other wanted t update, did and then said the disc was dirty (which it isnt)

It's good you could flash.
You need to use clonecd or imgburn.While burning you need to choose the *.dvd file for the layerbreak.Most people use imgburn(free and easy)

QUOTE(MaxMOrz @ Nov 16 2007, 01:07 AM) View Post

Hi everyubody...i need to flash my samsung ms28...but with what program?and do i need a sata card if I have a sata in my motherbord?Can anyvdoy explane me step be step?

Everything was explained step by step.
you need to buy a via 6421 sata card first.You better read posts here and you can flash it by yourself.

myfranco

• Archived User
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(cronaldo @ Nov 17 2007, 01:09 AM) View Post

I need help.

Ive succesfully managed to flash a MS28 in the past.
But now im trying to do it again for a friend but have a problem.
I have the correct vi 6421 chipset and mange to  make a usb boot disc using xtreme bootmaker.
The problem I have now is when i boot into dos and choose the xtreme drive to read the firmware from it just keeps on asking me again and again everytime I choose that option.
In the past when I chose that opetion it read the firmware.  It is not doing it thistime.

"""-mtkflash r /m orig.bin enter
-Before chooisng extreme primary or secondary master turn 360 off
-Make your selection
-Wait 10 sec and tur 360 on."""
Are you doing this? 10 sec trick?

daytona

• Archived User
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(daytona @ Nov 17 2007, 04:40 PM) View Post

Hey guys,

Whats the difference b/w the ixtreme and the extreme firmware?

thx

Sorry, I meant xtreme and ixtreme...I see xtreme 53 and ixtreme 1.3 as the latest, whats the difference?

RaFaMp

• Archived User
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

ixtreme is the lastest one...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30